Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > Star Alliance
Reload this Page >

Special meal Request to affect Air India buy up?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 25, 2019, 7:55 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta 1MM, Delta SM, United Silver, Amx Plat, Delta Amx Plat, Six-T Plat, IHG Gold, Hilton Gold

I have no status w any Star Alliance Partner. I am scheduled to fly in Y on Air India r/t from BOM-DEL. On the outbound portion of the trip I've elected for the "buy up" or whatever it's called, to FC. I do NOT have a special meal request for this flight but I DO have a fruit platter meal req for the return from DEL-BOM (where I have NOT elected to do the buy up). Does anyone know if having a special meal in my record (albeit it's not for the flight that I want to buy up on) will affect my getting offered the buy up? Thanks for any info and safe travels. Also, if anyone has any first-hand experience on Air India for their domestic Y service, I'd love your insights too. It's only a 2 hr flight so it can't really be that dreadful, right? Thanks and safe travels.
Old Jan 25, 2019, 9:09 pm

Programs: SK*D
Can't comment much on the probability of the upgrade offer coming through, but maybe also post on the India forum?

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/india-based-airlines-638/

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.