Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > Star Alliance
Reload this Page >

AI award space to/from USA pulled?

Old Jan 23, 2019, 9:17 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA MM, AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTP, HH Dia

Mileage Plus award queries ex-SFO had routinely returned Air India award space in F and J on the SFO-DEL flight over the last few years, when I wasn't particularly interested in connecting through DEL. Air India is increasing frequency on this flight in addition to United starting it this year; however, now that I'm actively looking for this route (SFO-DEL) I can't find a single date with AI award space in any cabin on a nonstop from SFO or NYC to DEL through EOS using United, Avianca, or ExpertFlyer. Anyone else noticed that AI seems to have pulled all award space ex-USA? Maybe they're changing fare classes? Paid J is cheap on this route, so redeeming miles doesn't make a ton of sense there, but I'm planning on redeeming in F if it ever reappears.
Old Jan 25, 2019, 1:28 am

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
Looked for dates in Apr.... DEL - EWR. All of them routed me through BOM. So I don’t think they’ve pulled award space ex-USA. It’s probably more of an availability issue.
Old Jan 25, 2019, 4:18 am

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
Oh and AI is closing F. That’s probably why you can’t see F awards any more.

Try and see if you can do a rev F booking on the AI website and you’ll have your answer there.

Which leads me to my next question... why oh why AI F!
Old Jan 25, 2019, 7:46 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by PiperAtGatesofDawn
Oh and AI is closing F. Thats probably why you cant see F awards any more.

Try and see if you can do a rev F booking on the AI website and youll have your answer there.

They're still selling AI F to/from SFO, according to google flights. It's bookable on Expedia (A-fare)... I haven't played around on the AI website much, but can't see F on first look-- maybe that's why award inventory is gone. Doesn't explain why no J or Y awards, though.
Originally Posted by PiperAtGatesofDawn
Which leads me to my next question... why oh why AI F!
They fly non-stop-- I want to go to Aman-i-Khas, and I don't like spending that long on a United plane. If F is gone, maybe it's a different calculation and/or worth connecting in DXB.
Old Jan 25, 2019, 10:45 am

Originally Posted by ps9a
They fly non-stop-- I want to go to Aman-i-Khas, and I don't like spending that long on a United plane. If F is gone, maybe it's a different calculation and/or worth connecting in DXB.
So you'll have to do1 stop. I'd pick EK over AI any day (for comfort etc.). You'd have to pay more YQ with EK though.

And AI F wasn't anything special.
Old Feb 2, 2019, 10:25 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Also AI stopped making their flights available thru SABRE and Amadeus in December:
Air India stops distributing via Amadeus
Old Feb 3, 2019, 11:06 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by oliver2002
Also AI stopped making their flights available thru SABRE and Amadeus in December:
Air India stops distributing via Amadeus
Thanks-- that makes a lot of sense. Hopefully it comes back at some point.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.