FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Star Alliance (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/star-alliance-413/)
-   -   Rebook ? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/star-alliance/1951092-rebook.html)

sunseeker Jan 15, 2019 1:01 am

Rebook ?

Original itinerary is SQ LAX-NRT; now want to go ANA LAX- HND.
Is it necessary to rewrite the ticket or just change the booking ?

Cheers

Often1 Jan 15, 2019 6:12 am

"Rewrite"?

You will need to cancel your SQ ticket and then purchase an NH ticket.

It is theoretically possible for SQ to issue tickets on NH, but it is not likely to be willing to do so.

If you used a TA, the TA may provide this to you as a service.

Unterwegs Jan 16, 2019 1:27 am

What kind of ticket are you talking about? If it is an paid RTW I believe this is possible without rewriting the ticket.

sunseeker Jan 17, 2019 8:50 pm

Originally Posted by Unterwegs (Post 30660560)
What kind of ticket are you talking about? If it is an paid RTW I believe this is possible without rewriting the ticket.

It is an F RTW 2; anybody got a source for the answer ?

1kBill Jan 18, 2019 9:38 am

Originally Posted by sunseeker (Post 30669053)

It is an F RTW 2; anybody got a source for the answer ?

I'd call the carrier or agent who sold you the ticket.

IluvSQ Jan 20, 2019 7:30 pm

Originally Posted by 1kBill (Post 30670998)
I'd call the carrier or agent who sold you the ticket.

On an F *A RTW, theoretically any Star airline can make the change, but in practice you have to ask the ticketing airline to do so.
I am not certain, but believe that a change of airline will have a change fee ( as opposed to a date or time change on the same airline which is free).

sunseeker Jan 22, 2019 1:22 am

Sorry, i made a mistake (now corrected in the op):
Instead of NRT i will now land HND, so my real question is, whether the ticket has to be changed
or are both airports covered by TYO ?

MSPeconomist Jan 22, 2019 1:30 am

If you're not also changing the date, is it worth changing carriers and airports if doing so incurs a fee?

sunseeker Jan 22, 2019 6:39 am

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist (Post 30684815)
If you're not also changing the date, is it worth changing carriers and airports if doing so incurs a fee?

That is exactly the problem, i AM changing the date and SQ will not release booking class A on the new date.
So i still would like to know whether changing from NRT to HND when flying into TYO (or out, for that matter) triggers a fee; as a matter
of fact my TA say so, while another denies...

IluvSQ Jan 22, 2019 4:51 pm

Please see the following from the rules:
STARRTWSPECIAL (ASK9)S/CO–Star AllianceRTW Fare Rule Version96/ Status7JUN17Page10of1216/PEPENALTIESNOTE1:ANY STAR CARRIER SHALL RE-ISSUE/RE-BOOK ANY RTW PNR EXCEPT WHENNOT TECHNICALLY FEASIBLE.THEN PLEASE REFER PASSENGER TOTICKETING CARRIER OR SALES AGENT. CHANGES REQUIRING REBOOKINGOR REROUTING OF THE FLIGHTS OF 2 OR MORE OF THE REMAININGCARRIERS OF AN ITINERARY MIGHT NOT BE TECHNICALLY FEASIBLE.NOTE2:WHEN A TOTALLY UNUSED TICKET IS PRESENTED FOR A CHANGE OFJOURNEYAND THE FIRST OUTBOUND SECTOR IS BEING CHANGED,THEFARE FOR THE NEW JOURNEY SHALL BE ASSESED BASED ON THEPREVAILINGFARES APPLICABLE AT THE TIMEREISSUE.IF THE FIRST FLIGHT COUPON IS NOTBEING CHANGED, THEN THE FARE ASPER ORIGINAL TICKET ISSUED WILL BE USED.
CHANGES BEFORE DEPARTURECHANGES TO CARRIERS / FLIGHTS / DATES LEADING TO REBOOKING/REVALIDATION OFANY SECTOR PERMITTED AT NO CHARGE.REROUTING (CHANGES TO TICKETED POINTS)PERMITTED AT A CHARGE OF USD 125 (CHILD/INFANT USD 125) PER TRANSACTION.AFTER DEPARTUREFOR ALLREMAININGSECTORS CHANGES TO CARRIERS / FLIGHTS / DATESLEADING TO REBOOKING/REVALIDATIONPERMITTEDAT NO CHARGECHANGES IN TICKETED POINT / FARE BASIS / FARE AMOUNTLEADING TOREROUTINGPERMITTED AT A CHARGE OF USD 125 USD (CHILD/INFANTUSD125) PERTRANSACTION

And yes, HND/NRT are co-terminals, and it does not matter which one you fly into/out of - with one exception.
Flying into one/out of the other triggers an additional flight " coupon", and since you are limited to 16 coupons
on a ticket - if you are the max this may cause problems.

sunseeker Jan 23, 2019 2:12 am

Originally Posted by IluvSQ (Post 30688021)
Please see the following from the rules:
STARRTWSPECIAL (ASK9)S/CO–Star AllianceRTW Fare Rule Version96/ Status7JUN17Page10of1216/PEPENALTIESNOTE1:ANY STAR CARRIER SHALL RE-ISSUE/RE-BOOK ANY RTW PNR EXCEPT WHENNOT TECHNICALLY FEASIBLE.THEN PLEASE REFER PASSENGER TOTICKETING CARRIER OR SALES AGENT. CHANGES REQUIRING REBOOKINGOR REROUTING OF THE FLIGHTS OF 2 OR MORE OF THE REMAININGCARRIERS OF AN ITINERARY MIGHT NOT BE TECHNICALLY FEASIBLE.NOTE2:WHEN A TOTALLY UNUSED TICKET IS PRESENTED FOR A CHANGE OFJOURNEYAND THE FIRST OUTBOUND SECTOR IS BEING CHANGED,THEFARE FOR THE NEW JOURNEY SHALL BE ASSESED BASED ON THEPREVAILINGFARES APPLICABLE AT THE TIMEREISSUE.IF THE FIRST FLIGHT COUPON IS NOTBEING CHANGED, THEN THE FARE ASPER ORIGINAL TICKET ISSUED WILL BE USED.
CHANGES BEFORE DEPARTURECHANGES TO CARRIERS / FLIGHTS / DATES LEADING TO REBOOKING/REVALIDATION OFANY SECTOR PERMITTED AT NO CHARGE.REROUTING (CHANGES TO TICKETED POINTS)PERMITTED AT A CHARGE OF USD 125 (CHILD/INFANT USD 125) PER TRANSACTION.AFTER DEPARTUREFOR ALLREMAININGSECTORS CHANGES TO CARRIERS / FLIGHTS / DATESLEADING TO REBOOKING/REVALIDATIONPERMITTEDAT NO CHARGECHANGES IN TICKETED POINT / FARE BASIS / FARE AMOUNTLEADING TOREROUTINGPERMITTED AT A CHARGE OF USD 125 USD (CHILD/INFANTUSD125) PERTRANSACTION

And yes, HND/NRT are co-terminals, and it does not matter which one you fly into/out of - with one exception.
Flying into one/out of the other triggers an additional flight " coupon", and since you are limited to 16 coupons
on a ticket - if you are the max this may cause problems.

An extra coupon is not a problem, since my RTWs always start/end in TYO.
However, i am still looking for something in written that NRT/HND are just differnet terminals and not airport by the rules of *A in order to have evidence for my TA (and/or LH for that matter).

IluvSQ Jan 23, 2019 2:48 am

Originally Posted by sunseeker (Post 30689443)

An extra coupon is not a problem, since my RTWs always start/end in TYO.
However, i am still looking for something in written that NRT/HND are just differnet terminals and not airport by the rules of *A in order to have evidence for my TA (and/or LH for that matter).

It is not *A, it is IATA that defines co-terminals. And in the rules of the *A RTW fares, it states:
THE CITIES ON THE IATA LIST OF CITIES WITH
MULTIPLE AIRPORTS /SEE IATA PASSENGER AIR TARIFF/
SHALL BE CONSIDERED ONE CITY.

sunseeker Jan 23, 2019 2:55 am

Excellent !

Originally Posted by IluvSQ (Post 30689508)
It is not *A, it is IATA that defines co-terminals. And in the rules of the *A RTW fares, it states:
THE CITIES ON THE IATA LIST OF CITIES WITH
MULTIPLE AIRPORTS /SEE IATA PASSENGER AIR TARIFF/
SHALL BE CONSIDERED ONE CITY.

Thank you so much ! 👍