Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > Star Alliance
Reload this Page >

*A RTW adding non-alliance served airport?

*A RTW adding non-alliance served airport?

Old Jan 12, 19, 10:06 am
Original Poster

Programs: Miles&More Blue, SPG Platinum
Question *A RTW adding non-alliance served airport?

Hi,

I'm looking into a paid RTW ticket from Europe, Asia, New Zealand, French-Polynesia, North America and back to Europe. I used the Start Alliance RTW website to create an itinerary which worked fine to the point that only Papeete is served on Tahiti. Since my destination is Bora Bora I'm looking for some advise how to add this segment. I know that I could just book an additional separated ticket but in case of irops I would be in trouble. Is there any way to add the Papeete-Bora Bora segment to RTW PNR or is there some other trick? Any advise is welcomed.

Cheers
flyingfkb
Old Jan 12, 19, 2:10 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: up in the air
Not possible. To reduce risk of misconnect have your flights between PPT & BOB the day after arrival into PPT and the day before departure from PPT.
Unterwegs likes this.
Old Jan 12, 19, 7:39 pm

Programs: M&M SEN, Amex Plat, Club Carlson, Marriott, HHonors & Accor Gold, Velocity Silver, Qantas Bronze
Originally Posted by flyingfkb View Post
Hi,

I'm looking into a paid RTW ticket from Europe, Asia, New Zealand, French-Polynesia, North America and back to Europe. I used the Start Alliance RTW website to create an itinerary which worked fine to the point that only Papeete is served on Tahiti. Since my destination is Bora Bora I'm looking for some advise how to add this segment. I know that I could just book an additional separated ticket but in case of irops I would be in trouble. Is there any way to add the Papeete-Bora Bora segment to RTW PNR or is there some other trick? Any advise is welcomed.

Cheers
flyingfkb
If the airport is not serviced by *A airline, you are not going to fly there on *A RTW ticker. There are not tricks. Full stop.
Old Jan 13, 19, 12:58 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the feedback. I was hoping that there might be a codeshare agreement of some kind. Adding two additional nights in Papeete is not my preferred solution but I will look into it.
Old Jan 13, 19, 5:29 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.021MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CWC Au-197; CCC Elite; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by flyingfkb View Post
I was hoping that there might be a codeshare agreement of some kind.
Codeshares would not help. Everything within *A is based on the operator, not on the marketing carrier.
zeer0 likes this.
Old Jan 14, 19, 4:58 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mahasamatman View Post
Codeshares would not help. Everything within *A is based on the operator, not on the marketing carrier.
Good to know. Thank you for clarifying this.
Old Jan 30, 19, 4:47 am

Programs: AC 50K 1MM, UA 1K, Hilton LT Diamond, Marriott Gold Elite, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by mahasamatman View Post
Indeed, however this doesn't mean that codeshares can't be booked in a RTW ticket. Sometimes codeshares can be beneficial for status miles maximization purposes when the codeshare flight books into a higher booking class than the flight with operating carrier (ie. LH books into D and AC, NH and UA book into Z) - assuming that this higher booking class than maps 1:1 to the operator's booking class.

There used to by some interesting codeshare options like the TG codeshare on LY (EL AL) BKK-TLV vv. and the SA codeshare on QF JNB-SYD vv., but these are long gone.

The RTW fare rules are very specific on the codeshares that are allowed.

Search this Thread