Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > Star Alliance
Reload this Page >

Multiple frequent flyer numbers in a single ticket

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 22, 2018, 1:15 am
Original Poster

I am going to have a trip ticketed by United but some segments will be operated by ANA.

I have included United frequent flyer number to the ticket.
However, I want to add a different FFN to ANA's segments so that I can earn more miles.

Is it even possible? Anyone tried before?
Thanks!
Old Dec 22, 2018, 3:55 am
Suspended

Programs: SQ LPPS, A3 *G, BA Silver aiming for Bronze
I've done it playing my SQ account against my A3 one. The only way afaik is to ask for the change you want before each segment, I don't think there's a way of automating it.
Old Dec 23, 2018, 10:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
Just ask the check-in agent to change the FFP for the flight in question - or do it yourself when doing OLCI.
Old Dec 23, 2018, 12:55 pm

Originally Posted by Ada1815
I am going to have a trip ticketed by United but some segments will be operated by ANA.

I have included United frequent flyer number to the ticket.
However, I want to add a different FFN to ANA's segments so that I can earn more miles.

Is it even possible? Anyone tried before?
Thanks!
If you omit to put FF nos in the reservation , then you can easily claim mileage per flight retroactively with the FF programmes of your choice.very simple
trooper likes this.
Old Dec 26, 2018, 6:06 am

Programs: AA EXP, NH Plat, Former UA 1K
Originally Posted by ElJudioErrante
If you omit to put FF nos in the reservation , then you can easily claim mileage per flight retroactively with the FF programmes of your choice.very simple
Depends on the OP's level with UA. If they are Premier Silver or above then they'll need their UA FF number in the reservation for access to Economy Plus seating at a minimum, but better zoned boarding is also pretty desirable on UA flights due to overhead bin shortages. If they have no status at all, then yes, do as you say and retroactively claim mileage later.
Old Dec 26, 2018, 1:25 pm

Programs: BA, OZ, A3, VA, VS, DL, QF, former BD and others
You can only credit to one FFP per segment, but you you can change the FFP segment by segment - though this may be need to done after flying segments to be credited to other FFP, for the rest of the booking (this can be changed again on subsequent segments).

Most *A airlines' systems support more than one FFP in the booking under the headings FQTV (accrual), FQTR (redemption bookings only, for account that provided the miles), and FQTU (for mileage upgrades, for account that provided the miles for a mileage upgrade). Where the account providing the miles is different to the passenger FQTV account, recording the different entry for FQTR/U will happen automatically.

Some *A airlines support FQTS (status/servicing) - where an airline supports this you can enter the FFP in which you hold status under FQTS and the FFP in which you wish to earn under FQTV. Changing FFP using the airline's website will normally change the FTQV record only. To arrange an FQTS entry it is normally necessary to call the airline or request it at check in.

If changing FFP after first entry, or, on different segments of the same booking, or using FQTS, it is advisable to check every boarding pass carefully and check it has the expected FFP on it, and if not, request the details are changed and thre BP reprinted. Sometimes an old FFP number 'sticks' in the booking and needs to be deleted before being changed).

Crediting different segments to different FFP can also be done segment by segment on a retroclaim, if no FFP has been entered into the booking at all before then. Once points have credited to FFPs, it is very hard to get them back!
wheresmybagba likes this.
Old Dec 30, 2018, 2:34 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
You can ask ANA to enter the FQTV info segment by segment.
Old Dec 30, 2018, 5:06 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by wyvern
Most *A airlines' systems support more than one FFP in the booking
Just because the systems support it doedsn't mean the airline will allow it. United used to allow separate FQTS and FQTV entries, but that stopped years ago - even before the merger.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.