Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > Star Alliance
Reload this Page >

ET *G Seat Block confusion - help clarify?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 18, 2018, 8:22 am
Original Poster

Programs: TK Elite Plus

Hi All,

I am TK *G and flying ET a lot, recently it has been every single week.
However I sincerely fail to understand the Star Alliance Gold seat block of the neighboring seat.
I always make sure to type in my FF no. during booking, but often the seat block doesn't show up on the seat map. Seems to be a hit/miss for me, only working for half of my flights.

- Some times, though my FF no. clearly shows up under ET's "Manage my booking", the seat block does not come into effect, and I can see plenty of other (presumably *G) seat blocks showing up on expertflyer.
- Last week, this exact scenario happened on the outbound, but then on the return segment of the same ticket seat block was into effect. (Assumingly after gate agent "reconfirmed" the FF no. on the first segment?)
- On a flight for tonight, I even checked in online with FF no, but still not seeing any seat block. I am sure this will be coming into effect in the airport once they print my boarding pass at the baggage drop-off in ADD, but since I am flying from ADD and I seem to often be the only one on this flight not arriving from a connecting flight, everyone else are already assigned seats by this time, so basically useless.
This is the seat map, I am in 12A. So clearly a passenger in row 14 got his seat block to work, but mine isn't.

At times I can change seats immediately on ET's website and straight away see the seat block move on expertflyer, so clearly it does work some times.
Can someone shed light on this, on what I might be doing wrong? I have 3 names (first, middle, last name) and some times travel on first and last, some times on all three, but after lots of trying different combinations, the outcome of the seat block seems to have nothing to do with this.

Also, is there an exact time (T-7 days?) that the seat block comes into effect? Is it variable or the same always?

Thank you.
Old Nov 18, 2018, 8:23 am
Original Poster

Wrong forum by mistake - can a moderator please help move to "Other Middle Eastern and African airlines"?
Old Nov 19, 2018, 1:33 am
Original Poster

To add to the confusion; I was in 12A this morning as per pictures posted and it turns out 12C was actually blocked in the ET system. The check in agent couldn't explain why.
Old Nov 19, 2018, 6:08 am

I believe the seat block only takes place 72hrs prior to departure. Not applicable on a full or almost full flight.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.