Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > Star Alliance
Reload this Page >

A Requst for Reviews of *A Business

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 17, 2018, 9:38 am
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVP100K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold

I’m flying to Europe for work next year. I found some Krisflyer miles sitting around so I wanted to redeem on *A but dont know much about their carrier’s business class, and would appreciate some help.

I have been able to find dates on Turkish, SAS, LOT, and Austrian. Most of the availability is from Chicago which is good because I hate crossing the pond from the east coast as it feels like a quick transcon with not much time to eat and sleep.

So my first question is purely based on hard and soft products. In order, which is the best to worst? My second question is are there other cities more westerly in the USwith more *A availability?
Old Nov 18, 2018, 2:17 pm

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
There are plenty of reviews and comparisons in the *A forum. You need to search and go through them. https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/star...ss-class-5.htm - is one example.
Old Nov 18, 2018, 7:37 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by PiperAtGatesofDawn
There are plenty of reviews and comparisons in the *A forum. You need to search and go through them. https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/star...ss-class-5.htm - is one example.
I don’t want trip reports. I’m interested in people’s personal opinions ranking those airlines in order from their own experiences.

im just interested in people’s opinions
Old Nov 18, 2018, 7:54 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond, BA Gold, Bonvoy Ambassador, HH Gold
Personally, I would go with Turkish or Austrian - both have great DO&CO food and good service. I would give Austrian the advantage if traveling solo. SAS and LOT were both nice, but I liked TK and Austrian better. I have not flown the new LOT 787 though (but again, especially as a solo traveler, I would go to OS).
Old Nov 18, 2018, 10:45 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AC 35K, SPG GOLD
For me it's Austrian, SAS, LOT and TK last.
Old Nov 18, 2018, 11:14 pm
Original Poster

I ended up finding an LX J award SFO-ZRH-AMS, but am having second thoughts. I too really like Austrian Airlines. I flew them also around 4 years ago on my way back from Vienna and really enjoyed the food and comfort.

But finding awards out of SFO is nice because of the opportunity to take advantage of the Polaris lounge. So I can choose LX, SAS, or LOT which I assume all leave from G by Polaris. LX was booked but read that they can be somewhat inconsistent.

Last edited by NWplatinum; Nov 19, 2018 at 1:20 am
Old Nov 19, 2018, 11:24 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, BA Gold, Bonvoy Ambassador, HH Gold
I would be happy with LX as well - very nice C class.
Old Nov 20, 2018, 1:16 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by dcmike
I would be happy with LX as well - very nice C class.
People (mostly bloggers) talk about it being inconsistent.
Old Nov 23, 2018, 3:48 am

Programs: AS MVPG75k, AA Plat
Originally Posted by NWplatinum
I’m flying to Europe for work next year. I found some Krisflyer miles sitting around so I wanted to redeem on *A but dont know much about their carrier’s business class, and would appreciate some help.

I have been able to find dates on Turkish, SAS, LOT, and Austrian. Most of the availability is from Chicago which is good because I hate crossing the pond from the east coast as it feels like a quick transcon with not much time to eat and sleep.

So my first question is purely based on hard and soft products. In order, which is the best to worst? My second question is are there other cities more westerly in the USwith more *A availability?
TK for soft product (mainly food). The only good hard product is if you can fly SQ's A350 IAH-MAN and then onwards to your final destination, or if your trip is Aug or later, on TK's new 787 ATL/IAD-IST.
Old Nov 23, 2018, 10:37 pm
Original Poster

For now I went with LX, SFO-ZRH-AMS in J. I’m not expecting much, but hopefully I’m pleasantly surprised.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.