*A Award Changes Allowed?

Old Nov 7, 18, 2:09 am
Original Poster

Programs: OZ Platinum LifeTime; DL PM; VA Gold; HH Diamond; Accor Gold
*A Award Changes Allowed?

I did a search but couldn't find much by way of help.

I'm a relative noob when it comes to award redemptions, so need your help.

I'm trying to book an award flight with a mix of 2 *A carriers, one international segment to LAX, then transitting through to a domestic segment to a city in the US. There is availability on the international leg, but nothing showing on UA for the domestic leg.

Is it possible to add the UA leg at a later point when availability shows? In other words, is it better to lock in the international flight first, and then make changes by adding the domestic flight later?

Thanks in advance for your help.
Old Nov 7, 18, 2:59 am

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
Depends. Which FFP program are you redeeming through? MileagePlus or Asiana Club or someone else? Either ways you’re posting in the wrong forum. You should post it in the forum of your airline FFP.

FFP specific rules and not *A rules will apply.
Old Nov 7, 18, 3:27 am
Original Poster

Programs: OZ Platinum LifeTime; DL PM; VA Gold; HH Diamond; Accor Gold
Originally Posted by PiperAtGatesofDawn View Post
Depends. Which FFP program are you redeeming through? MileagePlus or Asiana Club or someone else? Either ways you’re posting in the wrong forum. You should post it in the forum of your airline FFP.

FFP specific rules and not *A rules will apply.
It's Krisflyer. Thanks.
Old Nov 7, 18, 3:52 am

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
Originally Posted by sol95 View Post
It's Krisflyer. Thanks.
A $50 change fee will apply. But it's extremely unlikely that UA will open up additional award seats to SQ later on.
Old Nov 7, 18, 11:37 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; AS MVPG75K; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond (Aspire); Hyatt Refugeeist
Originally Posted by PiperAtGatesofDawn View Post
it's extremely unlikely that UA will open up additional award seats to SQ later on.
That's not correct. UA award availability is dynamic. It's not uncommon for UA to open award space closer to departure. With the caveat that domestic saver space, especially front cabin, is pretty difficult these days.

Whether you can add a segment to a KF award, I don't know. That's a KF question.

Search this Thread