Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > Star Alliance
Reload this Page >

Ethiopian Airlines Carry on Weight Enforcement

Ethiopian Airlines Carry on Weight Enforcement

Old Oct 23, 18, 9:50 pm
Original Poster

Ethiopian airlines carry on limits

I am travelling on Ethiopian airlines from Toronto to ADD and then on to Windhoek (WDH). My initial Air Canada flight permits a 10 kg carry on but my connections onto Ethiopian is limited to 7kgs. Just wondering if anyone has experience whether the airline actually weighs the carry on luggage and how strictly do they enforce limits. Some airlines only give closer scrutiny to bags that look heavy (I have camera equipment in a small backpack so it looks very compact and can't afford to be forced to gate check my gear). Thanks,
Old Oct 24, 18, 12:37 pm

Programs: UA1K/MM DL AA
I've had many flights on ET... as long as the bag does not look oversize, I doubt you'll have any problems... I'm StarGold, so that may have made a difference... my heaviest carryon ever was 30kg
Old Oct 26, 18, 3:22 pm

Programs: UA 1K, DL PM
In all of my segments with ET, the one and only time I've seen them actively checking carry on weight was in BKK, Having said that, it was when they still flew the 767-300 on that route and they claimed it was because the overhead bins are small. Not saying that it never happens these days, but seems unlikely.
Old Nov 5, 18, 10:18 am

Programs: TK Gold
You may find this useful:
ET getting strict about carry-on weights

Search this Thread