Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > Star Alliance
Reload this Page >

EuroAtlantic charter flights - *G benefits?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 11, 2018, 6:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Gold (1MM), Marriott LTT

Hi all,
I'm *G via United and am looking at award tickets back from Europe for next week. United is giving me a non-stop BUD-JFK option via EuroAtlantic 767-300 marketed as LO 33. Besides the fact I'm surprised LOT is marketing a flight from Budapest-JFK, it's operated by EuroAtlantic which has bad reviews all over the place.

What *G benefits would be offered on this flight? Since *A tends to do everything by operating carrier and not marketing carrier (e.g. earning points, etc.), I'm wondering if *G is recognized for things like seat assignments or baggage allowance or lounge access.

Some reviews I read said the leg room is the worst in the industry and I'm not keen to be on a 9 hour flight with no leg room. Can anyone else confirm this? Any other general thoughts on EuroAtlantic?

Thanks,
RM
Old Oct 11, 2018, 4:06 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM, Hertz PC, Marriott Platinum/Lifetime Gold
If you do a search "EuroAtlantic" in the LH forum, you should see at least ten threads in which this carrier is discussed.
Old Oct 11, 2018, 4:51 pm

Programs: UA Life Gold, Marriott Life Titanium
Aren't they just a wet lease operator? If so, you will the same bennies as you would on the managing airlines own equipment, which is LOT in this case. I assuming it's ticketing on 016 stock since United is offering it?
Old Oct 13, 2018, 7:47 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

This is just a LOT flight operated on a wet least aircraft because of the 787 RR engine issues. You'll get the free bag, lounge access and priority boarding *G benefits, same as if it were LOT metal.
Old Oct 18, 2018, 12:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Gold (1MM), Marriott LTT
Thanks for all the replies. I did search "EuroAtlantic" on the forums but found nothing covering what I needed. How was I to know to search LH forums individually? Especially since it's LO-coded and LO "operated".

sbm12 - that means LO normally operates BUD-JFK with a 787? Odd as they are WAW-based.

Thanks,
RM
Old Oct 18, 2018, 12:18 pm

Programs: UA Life Gold, Marriott Life Titanium
Originally Posted by RobOnLI
Thanks for all the replies. I did search "EuroAtlantic" on the forums but found nothing covering what I needed. How was I to know to search LH forums individually? Especially since it's LO-coded and LO "operated".

sbm12 - that means LO normally operates BUD-JFK with a 787? Odd as they are WAW-based.

Thanks,
RM
Either a 5th or 7th Freedom Flight, depending on if the flight continues on to somewhere in Poland after leaving Budapest.
zeer0 likes this.
Old Oct 20, 2018, 11:28 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by RobOnLI
Correct. It was added this year, IIRC, to try to get better utilization for LO's 787s as they were running out of ideas on other, profitable routes from Poland. And thanks to the EU and Open Skies they can operate from anywhere in the EU to the USA.

The plane also serves ORD a couple days/week in addition to the JFK flights.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.