Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > Star Alliance
Reload this Page >

SQ D class Lax-sin-del. Best earning plan advice

Old Aug 26, 18, 9:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA Plat 2MM. DL Plat, AS MVP

Not looking for Eqms. Have life play on UA. MP seems to give only 100% earned miles for D.

Is earning on SQ better in this case? Are there non star partners I should look at?

if I donít earn on UA, will I forgo star gold privileges (better lounges?)
Old Aug 26, 18, 10:01 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; AS MVPG75K; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond (Aspire); Hyatt Refugeeist
Originally Posted by zrs70 View Post
Not looking for Eqms. Have life play on UA. MP seems to give only 100% earned miles for D.

Is earning on SQ better in this case? Are there non star partners I should look at?
This will earn at a minimum of 200% on AS, up to 325% if (as your profile indicates) you have AS MVP 75 status.

It will accrue at 125% in SQ KF. IMO the extra 25% is outweighed by the flexibility of redeeming in MP as a 1K.

Personally, I'm crediting mine to AS.
if I don’t earn on UA, will I forgo star gold privileges (better lounges?)
What better lounges than *A at LAX and SKL at SIN??? If you want to go to the UC and KFG lounge, I'm sure they will accommodate you even without your MP number on the reservation

Last edited by Kacee; Aug 26, 18 at 10:17 pm
Old Aug 26, 18, 11:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA Plat 2MM. DL Plat, AS MVP
Originally Posted by Kacee View Post
This will earn at a minimum of 200% on AS, up to 325% if (as your profile indicates) you have AS MVP 75 status.

It will accrue at 125% in SQ KF. IMO the extra 25% is outweighed by the flexibility of redeeming in MP as a 1K.

Personally, I'm crediting mine to AS.What better lounges than *A at LAX and SKL at SIN??? If you want to go to the UC and KFG lounge, I'm sure they will accommodate you even without your MP number on the reservation
i had thought skl in sin was only for star gold and that biz class pax are relegated to a different lounge. While I am star gold, if I fly under AS, it wonít be in my profile.
Old Aug 27, 18, 8:27 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; AS MVPG75K; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond (Aspire); Hyatt Refugeeist
i had thought skl in sin was only for star gold and that biz class pax are relegated to a different lounge. While I am star gold, if I fly under AS, it wonít be in my profile.
Yeah you have it completely backwards. SKL is business class only.
Old Aug 28, 18, 12:08 am

Programs: UA 1K, DL PM

In many cases this won't matter. If you want to credit to a program that different than your status program, you hand them your physical card instead of relying on your boarding pass, I've only heard of a few instances where the staff will insist you have to credit to the status program to use the status benefits. For things like priority luggage, etc., most airlines are able to add a different frequent flyer number for earning vs status in their system so it would still recognize you as *G and allow you to credit to AS. In the case though of your flight, neither matters since you'll have access to the *A lounge in LAX and SKL in SIN anyway based on your ticketed class, just credit to AS and reap the rewards.
Old Aug 29, 18, 5:58 am

Programs: TK Elite, HH G
The SKL at SIN is far superior to the Krisflyer Gold lounge designated to Star Alliance Gold members.

Search this Thread