Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > Star Alliance
Reload this Page >

Best/Lowest *A Redemption Rate in F on LF From FRA/MUC to US?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 8, 2018, 12:43 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum (3MM), QF Lifetime Gold, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, Ex-Hyatt Diamond

Hi,

I've checked 3 airlines for award redemption i F from FRA-IAH and it looks like:

UAL: 110,000 miles
M&M: 85,000
AC: 70,000

Do anyone have the redemption rates in a matrix for simpler comparison, or does anyone know the answer?

Also, 30 days in, does everyone basically have the same inventory or does M&M have an advantage?
Old Jul 8, 2018, 1:36 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Don't forget about the fuel surcharges. You're going to pay around $500 for that redemption with either Aeroplan or M&M.

UA and AV do not assess surcharges.
Old Jul 8, 2018, 2:29 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum (3MM), QF Lifetime Gold, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, Ex-Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by Kacee
Don't forget about the fuel surcharges. You're going to pay around $500 for that redemption with either Aeroplan or M&M.

UA and AV do not assess surcharges.
Well, AV is 87,000 miles which is better than 85,000 with M&M, if there's a $500 cash cost differential.

But, I would probably pay 70,000 miles plus $500 using AC over 87,000 miles and no fees using AV.
Old Jul 8, 2018, 4:44 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by nologic
Well, AV is 87,000 miles which is better than 85,000 with M&M, if there's a $500 cash cost differential.
There's no "if" involved.
Old Jul 9, 2018, 2:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by nologic
I've checked 3 airlines for award redemption in F from FRA-IAH and it looks like:
UAL: 110,000 miles
M&M: 85,000
AC: 70,000

Do anyone have the redemption rates in a matrix for simpler comparison, or does anyone know the answer?
Awardace (but often fails) FRA to IAH Award Pricing Calculator | AwardAce

Do you have or can you get ff miles into these ffp's
Have you checked first class award availability?
If no availability the theoretical ff miles needed is totally irrelevant.
Old Jul 10, 2018, 9:08 pm

Programs: AA EXP, NH Plat, Former UA 1K
Originally Posted by Mwenenzi
Awardace (but often fails) FRA to IAH Award Pricing Calculator AwardAce

Do you have or can you get ff miles into these ffp's
They are all transfer partner programs from SPG, the only one you'd not want to transfer SPG points to now is UA, but you can move them to Marriott first instead which gives a good ratio to UA. After the August combination of programs, UA goes to standard SPG transfer rates. So if the OP has one of the SPG, Marriott, or Ritz-Carlton credit cards then points acquisition isn't too difficult.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.