Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > Star Alliance
Reload this Page >

Star Alliance Lounge GRU Wifi Issues

Old Apr 13, 18, 6:54 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club

Hello,I have visited the Star Alliance lounge in São Paulo (GRU) several times in the last two years. I typically use the open Wi-Fi there and have noticed an abundance of Spam coming from Brazilian Web addresses. Has anyone else encountered the same? it's the only place that I used an open connection other than the password protected Wi-Fi that I used at my Airbnb locations.I'm getting approximately 20 to 30 spam messages a day.Thanks and safe travels
Old Apr 29, 18, 11:43 am

Programs: AV Diamond, TK ELP, IB Oro, AD Diamante, NZ Gold, QF Gold, Marriott Platinum, SPG Platinum
Use this lounge a lot and never had such a thing... the lounge wi-fi network does not require an email address to access it.

I think however the airport free public wi-fi does require an email address to access it as part of the registration.

Perhaps you could have also used your email address to register for something while in Brazil which then gave it to third parties?

Search this Thread