Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > Star Alliance
Reload this Page >

Flying from NRT - LAX on Asiana. Which lounge can I use at NRT?

Old Mar 28, 18, 11:16 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Mileage Plus Premier Gold

Hello - I'm flying from NRT to LAX on Asiana with a connection through ICN. The first short flight is a two-class plane and it's in business class. The second flight from ICN to LAX and it's in first class.

My question is can I use a First Class lounge in NRT?

thanks
Old Mar 29, 18, 12:57 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; AS MVPG75K; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond (Aspire); Hyatt Refugeeist
Originally Posted by Chlorinedream View Post
I'm flying from NRT to LAX on Asiana with a connection through ICN. The first short flight is a two-class plane and it's in business class. The second flight from ICN to LAX and it's in first class.

My question is can I use a First Class lounge in NRT?
At NRT, you can use the ANA Business lounge or the United Club. At ICN, you can use the OZ F lounge.
Old Mar 29, 18, 7:56 am
Original Poster

Programs: Mileage Plus Premier Gold
Originally Posted by Kacee View Post
At NRT, you can use the ANA Business lounge or the United Club. At ICN, you can use the OZ F lounge.
Ah I figured that would be the case. Is it worth trying to get into the F lounge in NRT or is it a guaranteed rejection?
Old Mar 29, 18, 10:51 am
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: up in the air
Ah I figured that would be the case. Is it worth trying to get into the F lounge in NRT or is it a guaranteed rejection?
You will be directed downstairs to the business class lounge.
Old Mar 29, 18, 11:08 am

If it is any consolation, the ANA F lounge in NRT is no big deal. MOO, of course.
Old Mar 29, 18, 9:09 pm

Programs: UA 1K, DL PM
I've actually tried this before, they won't let you into the F lounge at NRT. I even tried to convince the OZ staff at check-in to give me an invite card at NRT since it's an F ticket but they just said to use the F lounge in ICN and the C lounge at NRT. Unfortunately the F lounge is ICN is severely underwhelming.

As puchong mentioned above, the ANA F lounge is also not one of the better in the world but they do offer Hibiki 21 if you're into high end whisky and they have a small menu to order from if you're hungry. The C lounge only has the noodle bar, which I'm not a fan of, and a few other items on the buffet.
Old Mar 31, 18, 6:36 am

Often you get F lounge access when you arrive in F on the airline which operates the lounge and connect in a different class (like arriving in ICN on OZ F connecting to NRT.
But in other cases the class of the sector you are departing on determines the lounge. Since the NH lounges in NRT are next to each other it does not hurt to ask, but be prepared to be in the C lounge (not that there is a huge difference bitween them anyhow).
Old Mar 31, 18, 10:58 pm

Programs: AA Plat, CX Silver
Originally Posted by dvs7310 View Post
I've actually tried this before, they won't let you into the F lounge at NRT. I even tried to convince the OZ staff at check-in to give me an invite card at NRT since it's an F ticket but they just said to use the F lounge in ICN and the C lounge at NRT. Unfortunately the F lounge is ICN is severely underwhelming.

As puchong mentioned above, the ANA F lounge is also not one of the better in the world but they do offer Hibiki 21 if you're into high end whisky and they have a small menu to order from if you're hungry. The C lounge only has the noodle bar, which I'm not a fan of, and a few other items on the buffet.
NH only offers Hibiki 21 in flight. The lounge serves Hibiki 17 though it was conspicuously absent last time I passed through.
Old Apr 1, 18, 1:50 am

Programs: UA 1K, DL PM
Originally Posted by txflyer77 View Post
NH only offers Hibiki 21 in flight. The lounge serves Hibiki 17 though it was conspicuously absent last time I passed through.
I stand corrected, just checked the photo I took at the HND F lounge last month and indeed it was 17, (they also have The Chita which is hardly anything special). I was thinking it was 21 both onboard and in the lounge for some reason, but I didn't drink any in either case. Regretted it later.

Search this Thread