Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > Star Alliance
Reload this Page >

Claiming miles after flight without pre-registration

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 3, 2018, 11:26 am
Original Poster

Could someone help please. I flew on United Airlines recently but did not register for their miles before the flights. Can I now register with them/ some other Star Alliance partner and get my miles credited? Ideally I want them credited to Singapore Airlines but again, I am not a member with them either but can register. If both don't allow miles to be credited, if you haven't registered before flying, what other airlines are my option? Thanks.
Old Mar 3, 2018, 11:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by s879
Could someone help please. I flew on United Airlines recently but did not register for their miles before the flights. Can I now register with them/ some other Star Alliance partner and get my miles credited? Ideally I want them credited to Singapore Airlines but again, I am not a member with them either but can register. If both don't allow miles to be credited, if you haven't registered before flying, what other airlines are my option? Thanks.
With many(most?) ffp you need to be a signed up member on the day of the flight.
You will need to look at all UA ff partners web site so check if any allow retro credit. Aegaen A3 may be an option

What UA fare class did you fly? (Not F C Y cabin)
Where to Credit | Where to Credit United Airlines Flights

Post 2 here has a little on retro ffp credit. Which Frequent Flyer Program to Join? Help Is Here!

Old 2015 threads
Retroactive Credit from Partners on *A plans
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/24164653-post14.html

There is a good argument to be a signed up ff member in one airline in each of the 3 main alliances (OneWorld, Star, Skyteam).

Last edited by Mwenenzi; Mar 3, 2018 at 11:42 am Reason: spelling
Old Mar 3, 2018, 11:52 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
For Mileage Plus,
New MileagePlus members may request mileage and Premier qualifying credit (where applicable) for flights completed on United and United Express up to 30 days prior to their enrollment date.
Old Mar 3, 2018, 12:33 pm
Original Poster

Thank you Mwenenzi and mahasamatman. I have registered with Singapore Airlines now. Could and try and get them credited via their website first and if they decline, try United MileagePlus? Would that work? How do you find out that they have refused to credit?
Old Mar 3, 2018, 12:35 pm
Original Poster

Also, mahasamatman my fare class was K going in to LAX and T on the way back. It's a low economy I know but since I was flying with family, ideally would like them credited for all of us.
Old Mar 4, 2018, 11:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
K/T class will not give many miles/points - hardly worth the hassle. You will not be able to get miles/points for others than yourself (i.e. you can forget about getting miles/points for the entire family)
Old Mar 5, 2018, 9:57 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by s879
I have registered with Singapore Airlines now. Could and try and get them credited via their website
If the flight wasn't on SQ, they will not credit you, so it would be a waste of time to try.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.