Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > Star Alliance
Reload this Page >

Comparative Review of Five Different Star Alliance Lounges at Heathrow T2

Comparative Review of Five Different Star Alliance Lounges at Heathrow T2

Old Jan 29, 2019, 8:14 am
Suspended

Programs: *A G, OW S.
Originally Posted by thejaredhuang
Just went to all 4 again last weekend. UA is still the top for me, its virtually empty after their bank of flights leave around 1PM. Best food quality, best showers, biggest space. AC/SQ tie for 2nd. LH is last because of no showers.
The LH lounges do have showers.
Old Feb 13, 2019, 7:35 pm

Programs: UA
Originally Posted by Dover2Golf
At LHR? I've never seen them.
Old Apr 21, 2019, 6:34 am

Programs: AA EXP
Which is best for breakfast (biz class no status). Especially like anything avocado. Poached eggs etc?
Old Apr 22, 2019, 5:48 am
1P

Location: LAX and LHR. UA lifetime Gold 1.9MM 1K , DL Gold Medallion, HHonors Gold, Marriott Gold, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by seaskybound
Which is best for breakfast (biz class no status). Especially like anything avocado. Poached eggs etc?
See my post #27 above.
Old Sep 17, 2019, 9:20 pm

Programs: OZ*G, VA Plat, NZ*G (Elite), QF Gold and PC+, Hyatt Explorist, HH Gold, Bonvoyed ("Gold")
This is a really helpful thread, thanks ^

So do we know for sure which lounges serve real champagne?
- LH definitely doesn't
- AC: one poster her has mentioned champagne in the AC lounge, but can any one confirm that it's not just sparkling wine? (It would certainly be unusual for AC to stock real champagne in their lounge, though it seems most *A airlines are trying harder at LHR than they do elsewhere
- SQ: I'd read they did serve champagne (which would be expected for SQ) but a recent poster said just prosecco. Any recent data points?
- UA: Presumably no champagne, but they do have a decent cocktail list by the sound of it.

Also does anyone know which lounge Turkish 'officially' directs passengers to at LHR?
Old Sep 18, 2019, 12:53 pm
Suspended

Programs: SQ LPPS, A3 *G, BA Silver aiming for Bronze
TK don't normally advise on a lounge but do on a gate. If it's an A gate then it's the LH lounge - usually the A321s but I did see a 77W at an A gate last week - there is one stand that will take an A380 there but I've never seen that used - the area of it is common with the stands Aer Lingus use and they must have them for access to the terminal without immigration control or indeed customs for BHD.

TK operate mostly with A330s and 77Ws so it's almost always B gates where you have a choice as you know and which is best comes down to personal preference.
mad_atta likes this.
Old Sep 20, 2019, 6:06 am

Programs: OZ*G, VA Plat, NZ*G (Elite), QF Gold and PC+, Hyatt Explorist, HH Gold, Bonvoyed ("Gold")
Originally Posted by lhrpete
TK don't normally advise on a lounge but do on a gate. If it's an A gate then it's the LH lounge - usually the A321s but I did see a 77W at an A gate last week - there is one stand that will take an A380 there but I've never seen that used - the area of it is common with the stands Aer Lingus use and they must have them for access to the terminal without immigration control or indeed customs for BHD.

TK operate mostly with A330s and 77Ws so it's almost always B gates where you have a choice as you know and which is best comes down to personal preference.
Thanks! I'm on a 777 so assume it will be the B gates. Might do some lounge hopping if I have time. Clearly the *A lounge situation @ LHR is leagues ahead of the bad old T3 days (which is when I last visited). Would still love to know whether anyone knows the answer to my champagne question, though
Old Sep 20, 2019, 7:46 pm

Programs: UA1k 3MM, AA Plt, peasant on everybody else, elite something or other at a bunch of hotels.
Originally Posted by Dover2Golf
I was told by an LH lounge attendant that they do not have showers. I'll check again in a couple of weeks as I will not have time to wander over to the UA lounge for a shower.
Old Sep 20, 2019, 9:06 pm

Programs: UA Life Gold, Marriott Life Titanium
The Lufthansa website does not show showers at the LHR lounge.
Old Sep 21, 2019, 4:54 am
Suspended

Initially the LH lounge was meant to have showers but they were never installed - hence the confusion. There definitely aren't any. The three lounges at the B gates do have then though.
Old Sep 21, 2019, 4:56 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by mad_atta
Thanks! I'm on a 777 so assume it will be the B gates. Might do some lounge hopping if I have time. Clearly the *A lounge situation @ LHR is leagues ahead of the bad old T3 days (which is when I last visited). Would still love to know whether anyone knows the answer to my champagne question, though

There is no comparison between T3 in the old days and T2 now! T2 is almost too good for LHR.

I don't drink alcohol when flying but my belief is that none of the business lounges offer champagne, the SQ first one does, I don't know about United because I've only ever been in the business lounge.
Old Sep 21, 2019, 9:34 am

Sounds like I'll have to investigate the champagne situation and do my best to report back to this thread
Old Sep 21, 2019, 9:16 pm

Programs: UA1k 3MM, AA Plt, peasant on everybody else, elite something or other at a bunch of hotels.
Originally Posted by lhrpete
There is no comparison between T3 in the old days and T2 now! T2 is almost too good for LHR.

I don't drink alcohol when flying but my belief is that none of the business lounges offer champagne, the SQ first one does, I don't know about United because I've only ever been in the business lounge.
The UA First Class lo0unge definitely had champagne when I was there. I think the UA Business lounge does offer a sparkling wine of some sort but I've never had the time to partake. The bar seems fancy enough that they should, but that's no guarantee.
Old Sep 24, 2019, 8:34 am

Programs: Rop Gold since 2001
i visited UA, Singapore and Air Canada lounges in LHR T2 last month and the last two offered Champagne.
Old Sep 29, 2019, 3:37 pm

Access for TAP customers

Hi,

I am flying through Heathrow on a TAP executive ticket, first to Lisbon and then on to Rio. Can I access multiple lounges while I wait (to kill the time and compare) or will I only be able to access one assigned lounge?

TIA

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.