Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > Star Alliance
Reload this Page >

Comparative Review of Five Different Star Alliance Lounges at Heathrow T2

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Comparative Review of Five Different Star Alliance Lounges at Heathrow T2

Search this Thread

Old Feb 23, 2022, 1:42 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
When the LHR LH SEN section opened Do&Co also served prosecco there. But is was a fancier (and presumably pricier) version. The Do&Co guy who explained us the lounge in the pre opening event mentioned that people automatically recoil and think prosecco is cheaper than champagne

Who knows what Sodexho now serves (probably based on what LH is willing to pay).
Old Mar 11, 2022, 5:32 pm

Programs: UA
LH @ LHR is no longer Do&Co?
Old Mar 12, 2022, 1:52 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
They switched to Sodexho.
EDDLEGLL likes this.
Old Mar 13, 2022, 7:19 pm

I visited the SilverKris and United Club at Heathrow T2 over the weekend before flying back to Singapore. It was a morning flight.

The United Club lounge was awesome! As it was breakfast hours, the hot buffet spread was more than adequate. I was already full from the Asian food at SilverKris so I didn't eat much, but still couldn't resist trying a bagel. The bar was opened, though I didn't see many people getting drinks. Perhaps it was too early in the day.

cesco.g and EDDLEGLL like this.
Old Apr 2, 2022, 7:23 pm

Programs: UA 1K & 2MM, Bonvoy Titanium & LTP, HH Gold, Accor Silver, Hertz PC, Avis PC
It's been a while - what's the consensus on the best breakfast spread? Fresh OJ and good hot items are my preference - not likely to eat pastries and bagels so much. Will be roughly 8-9am in the lounge for me next week - flying out on AC, so ideally one of AC/UA/SQ. My inclination is SQ if they have good asian breakfast options, but curious what others think.
Old Apr 7, 2022, 6:38 pm

Programs: UA
LH will have some sort of eggs and cold meat, SQ will have eggs and dim sum, maybe some sort of western hot meat. AC & UA will have an English breakfast spread (sausage, hashbrowns, eggs, beans, tomatoes, mushrooms), I prefer the hashbrowns at UA.

Originally Posted by iluvcruising2
I always forget how bagels are an American thing, i find it mildly amusing when people notice them. Good video on the food selection.
Old Apr 23, 2022, 3:00 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, ITA Club Executive, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
No champagne in sight at the United lounge today.

The AirCanada lounge had Laurent Perrier hidden in the fridge, and it was volunteered after enquiring about sparkling wines 😉
hugolover likes this.
Old Jun 17, 2022, 10:50 am

I'm traveling on an AC J award on United (and have priority pass). Which lounges can I access?

Last edited by desafino; Jun 17, 2022 at 11:02 am
Old Jun 20, 2022, 7:39 am

Originally Posted by desafino
I'm traveling on an AC J award on United (and have priority pass). Which lounges can I access?
Any of the *A lounges - LH, AC, SQ or UA.

The only other two lounges in T2 are Plaza Premium but that's not in Priority Pass or Aer Lingus.
Old Jun 22, 2022, 9:25 am

Is SQ serving Laksa or chicken rice in its lounge? I think I read somewhere that it does, but that may have been pre-COVID.

Originally Posted by Harper50505
Any of the *A lounges - LH, AC, SQ or UA.

The only other two lounges in T2 are Plaza Premium but that's not in Priority Pass or Aer Lingus.
​​​​​​​What's the food spread like at the Plaza Premium? Is it competitive with the Plaza Premiums in Singapore and Hong Kong?
Old Jun 23, 2022, 8:12 am

Originally Posted by sau54
Is SQ serving Laksa or chicken rice in its lounge? I think I read somewhere that it does, but that may have been pre-COVID.

​​​​​​​What's the food spread like at the Plaza Premium? Is it competitive with the Plaza Premiums in Singapore and Hong Kong?
It's certainly better than the current LH offering but no, it certainly doesn't compete with SIN or HKG.
Old Jun 23, 2022, 10:40 am

Originally Posted by Harper50505
It's certainly better than the current LH offering but no, it certainly doesn't compete with SIN or HKG.
Do you have an idea of the food that is served? I would love to see a menu.
Old Jun 26, 2022, 12:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by ringingup
No champagne in sight at the United lounge today.

The AirCanada lounge had Laurent Perrier hidden in the fridge, and it was volunteered after enquiring about sparkling wines 😉
AC lounge it is then for my next LHR trip
Old Jul 12, 2022, 1:46 pm

Programs: UA GS, DL Plat, Marriott Bonvoy LIfetime Titanium/SPG refugee, Hertz Prez, Amtrak Select
Unhappy

Originally Posted by cfischer
AC lounge it is then for my next LHR trip
I always went to AC just for the champagne. Last week they had prosecco. I'm hoping that's because it was morning (I was there about 11am) and mainly for mimosas and that proper champagne comes out for lunch. Some please advise if so! Was terribly disappointed.
Old Jul 13, 2022, 9:22 am

Location: my heart is on the shores of the north Italian lakes
Programs: LX Senator Lifetime, Relais&Chateaux Club5C, ex ! "Amanjunkie", ex LHW LC, hate chain hotels
Originally Posted by EnvoyBoy
I always went to AC just for the champagne.
No Champagne is a drama indeed and Prosecco is awful, ALL Prosecco (not to be mistaken with Franciacirta or Trento DOC).

Had a good time at the SQ lounge recently, empty, nice food choice and good view.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.