UA SFO Lounge closure

Old Dec 5, 2017, 3:28 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA
UA SFO Lounge closure

SFO International terminal UA/Star-Alliance lounge is closed since... hmm ? 2 months now because they are redesigning it for Polaris. I thought to remember from earlier in 2017 when they promised this would be finished by end of 2017 (if was just a half-closure for most of the year), but now the signs say it will re-open only in in summer 2018 (anothrer half a year to go). And there is a wonderful sign informing travellers (with a lot of carry-on luggage like myself) about all the wonderful hiking paths to domestic terminal 3 (half a mile at least IMHO).

So of course this is annoying the heck out of me, and i wonder if others here have found a way to effectively complain with UA to receive any, even minor form of compensation. (Yeah, i know, i am dreaming..)
Old Dec 5, 2017, 11:28 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond (*G), KQ Asante Gold (ST+), Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by te36
SFO International terminal UA/Star-Alliance lounge is closed since... hmm ? 2 months now because they are redesigning it for Polaris. I thought to remember from earlier in 2017 when they promised this would be finished by end of 2017 (if was just a half-closure for most of the year), but now the signs say it will re-open only in in summer 2018 (anothrer half a year to go). And there is a wonderful sign informing travellers (with a lot of carry-on luggage like myself) about all the wonderful hiking paths to domestic terminal 3 (half a mile at least IMHO).

So of course this is annoying the heck out of me, and i wonder if others here have found a way to effectively complain with UA to receive any, even minor form of compensation. (Yeah, i know, i am dreaming..)
I'm not happy either, but let's not over exaggerate. It's a 10 minute walk on the connector to T3 and then there's multiple United Clubs there. If you're flying J, you can even use the Global First makeshift lounge which is in the International terminal. But not *G unfortunately.
Old Dec 5, 2017, 11:40 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat
At least the centurion lounge is still open. A little farther than my usual gates, but good enough.
worldwidedreamer likes this.
Old Dec 20, 2017, 11:20 am

Programs: Ikon Pass Full + AS Gold + Marriott Titanium + Hilton Gold. Recovering UA Plat. LT lounge AA+DL+UA
Originally Posted by Explorer789
At least the centurion lounge is still open. A little farther than my usual gates, but good enough.
I think that SFO needs a second Amex lounge. Although everyone, myself included, loves the local lounge it can be standing room only at times.
Markie likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.