Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > Star Alliance
Reload this Page >

Star Alliance Lounge Access During Status Match Challange

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 5, 2017, 12:07 am
Original Poster

I am an American Platinum flyer who has requested a status match to United Gold. Even though I have never received a confirmation email of my match acceptance ( but I did see an automated email when I made the request) my UA account now shows gold. I was able to book a ticket and select a seats with gold privileges. I know that the status match rules exclude lounge access until the 12,500 mile challenge has be met, but I was curious if other travelers have had any success gaining access in US or German lounges before their match was complete. I have added two extra domestic segments in my trip specifically so I can earn my 12,500 miles on UA metal during this trip. I've not flow anything with United in many many years, but the connections from Munich ( and Frankfurt ) are far better then BA or Iberia for many of the Eastern European cities I visit. I will leave my home airport of SGF and visit ORD, IAH, FRA, WRO, LWO, and MUC on this trip. I should get a feel for the service on UA (including Express) and LH during this trip, but it would be nice to at least experience the lounges. I don't fly enough to keep Middle Tier status on both airlines so I need to decide if I will keep booking UA or stay with AA who I've been flying about 70k a year with. The new AA Flagship Lounge at ORD defiantly makes departing on American nicer before a long haul flight.
Old Dec 5, 2017, 2:27 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
If your account shows you to be Gold, then the reservations will update accordingly... also showing the status card on the UA app will satisfy the LH lounge wardens.
Old Dec 5, 2017, 9:13 am
Original Poster

I just looked at the card on my app and the front of the card shows Premiere Gold but on the lower edge of the card in the center is says "Trial Status" which might be enough to get me rejected bu the wardens. If anyone has specific experience I would love to confirm.
Old Dec 5, 2017, 9:37 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
I don't think that "trial status" is an issue. The question is your status on the date of travel.

You may certainly call UA and ask that it email you a PDF letter, which is how this was all handled back before the app.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.