Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > Star Alliance
Reload this Page >

No miles on Avianca Brasil (O6) on Business ?!?!

Old Sep 12, 17, 3:41 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SPG Platinum, LH Senator, UA Premier Executive, RG Diamante

I am Star Alliance Gold (LH Senator) and booked a Business Class "D" on Avianca Brasil (O6) GRU/MIA/GRU.

Although Miles&More credit miles and status miles for flights on Avianca's Economy class, I was surprised to see that they do not credit on "D" class !!

Their reply was : In principle, miles are allocated for all flights within the Star Alliance but the eligible booking classes are specified by the individual airline partners. Market-specific aspects and the competitive situation also play a significant role and these are beyond our influence at Miles & More.

I really cannot understand, or agree, with this policy beetwen companies member of Star Alliance.
Old Sep 12, 17, 5:29 pm

Programs: AC MM E50 , Former SPG, now Marriott LT Plat
The relevant page on Miles and More website clearly shows Y class earns miles, J/C/D
classes do not.

http://www.miles-and-more.com/online...l=en&cid=18002

I would assume that the chart was published at a time when 06 did not have business
class, and was never updated. Is business class a recent additioin to 06?

Edit - just googled it, and 06 just aquired its A330's in June of this year, which are the first and only aircraft on which
they offer business class. So yes, my assumption above is correct.

Last edited by IluvSQ; Sep 12, 17 at 5:34 pm
Old Sep 13, 17, 5:18 am
Original Poster

Programs: SPG Platinum, LH Senator, UA Premier Executive, RG Diamante
Yes, IluvSQ, you are 100% right !!

Anyway, I suppose that Star Alliance' companies should share and update their new routes/classes/fares/planes.
Old Sep 13, 17, 10:58 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.021MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CWC Au-197; CCC Elite*; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by rserson View Post
I suppose that Star Alliance' companies should share and update their new routes/classes/fares/planes.
They should, but it's not a perfect world.
Old Sep 14, 17, 12:14 am

Programs: AA EXP, Former UA 1K
In the past, the various frequent flyer plans have been VERY slow to update fare classes when something changes, such as adding Premium Economy or Business, etc. If you still have time, you can contact Miles and More and try to persuade them to communicate with O6 about this change. I have had some luck getting MileagePlus to do this in the past.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: