Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > Star Alliance
Reload this Page >

Who Pays for Lounge Access in Star Alliance?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Who Pays for Lounge Access in Star Alliance?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 11, 2017, 5:34 am

Programs: UA 1K, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Plat, Marriott Gold, HH Silver
I now see the brilliant move by LH with the Senator lounge access for *A. They get to charge the other airline for the lounge access even if the pax is flying LH J.
Old Jul 16, 2017, 1:31 am

Programs: UA 1K 2MM, AS MVP Gold, Marriott Lifetime Gold,
Originally Posted by oliver2002
Charges for lounge access are tallied along with other incurred costs in the clearing house used by *A members.

At some airports airlines designate certain lounges to manage pax flows better and avoid crowding. DEL is a prime example: LX sends their pax to a contract lounge, SQ lounge agents pretend to be not aware of *A access rights and LH sends their F pax to the premium plaza lounge upstairs.
FWIW LH has its own cute lounge at DEL now (both C & F pax use it) and SQ doesn't really push back on *G access in my experience.

-G
Old Jul 17, 2017, 2:25 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
LH was the first of the lot to open their own lounge in DEL T3, way before AI joined *A, AFAIR in 2009. Allways is in the lounge area initially meant for KFA or 9W. The LH lounge was initially spilit C/FTL and SEN, but they removed the partition because both sides became too crowded. When LX/OS/LH had flights to MUC/FRA/ZRH/VIE within 4 hours that place had no standing room at times. With OS gone and LX moved, its a bit better.

SQ wouldn't let me in to their lounge even with a LH F BP and LH*G some years ago. Now they are a bit better,
Old Oct 9, 2017, 1:02 am

Programs: OZ Diamond/*G, IHG Diamond Amb, Hilton Gold
Does anyone know if the payouts differ between "*G" lounges and "C" lounges, when separation exists. For instance, does UA get the same when someone enters the UC with their *G card vs. entering Polaris Lounge with C BP, since technically *G are permitted business class lounge access in accordance with *A rules, so does that allow them to charge the same price as for departing C passengers to the airline but provide a lesser lounge product?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.