Best *A lounge in EWR

Old Mar 31, 18, 7:22 pm

Programs: UA Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum
It's obviously after the fact for the person above who flew on Thursday, but the VC at EWR closes at 6:30 pm. Lufthansa closes at 9:30 pm and SAS is open until at least 11:00 pm, if not later.
Old Oct 5, 18, 9:53 am

Flying out of EWR on Flight TP 202...does any one know which lounge business class passengers can access? I see a few listed on their site, wondering which one is the best?
Old Oct 5, 18, 12:16 pm

Lufthansa, which closes at 9:30 pm, and SAS, which is open much later. Both in Terminal B, across the hall from each other.
Old Oct 6, 18, 10:43 pm

Programs: UA 1K, MR PP
Originally Posted by mrstraveler View Post
Flying out of EWR on Flight TP 202...does any one know which lounge business class passengers can access? I see a few listed on their site, wondering which one is the best?
Polaris.
Old Oct 13, 18, 1:22 pm

Originally Posted by GoSh4rks View Post
Polaris.

Thank you.
Old Oct 25, 18, 7:18 am

Programs: UA Gold, Hilton Silver
What is the UA policy with *G lounges at EWR? If I have a flight on UA can I go to Terminal B first to the lounge? Yesterday the bus nazi in Terminal C wouldn't even let us go to A to the lounge let alone lounges in B because 'There are three lounges here'.
Old Oct 25, 18, 10:26 am

Lounge access is listed as a *A Gold benefit, but United's shuttle people at EWR are the worst. Having been warned by other people here, I always say I'm going to A, and then mention to the shuttle driver that I'm going to B. (They're militant about trying to stop at B as infrequently as possible, but I've never had them check for an A boarding pass. Maybe they've gotten even worse since my last time through, or maybe you just caught someone having a really bad day. It's not like the shuttles are jam-packed, so there's no excuse for this nonsense.)

If they won't let you on the shuttle, or you get past the gate attendant but then the driver sticks it to you and will only drop you at A, you can always take the train over to B, but you'll need to clear non-TSA PRE security there. There's also no airside returning shuttle from B, so you'll always need to re-clear security at least once on such trips.
Old Oct 25, 18, 12:29 pm

Originally Posted by joe_miami View Post
Lounge access is listed as a *A Gold benefit, but United's shuttle people at EWR are the worst. Having been warned by other people here, I always say I'm going to A, and then mention to the shuttle driver that I'm going to B. (They're militant about trying to stop at B as infrequently as possible, but I've never had them check for an A boarding pass. Maybe they've gotten even worse since my last time through, or maybe you just caught someone having a really bad day. It's not like the shuttles are jam-packed, so there's no excuse for this nonsense.)

If they won't let you on the shuttle, or you get past the gate attendant but then the driver sticks it to you and will only drop you at A, you can always take the train over to B, but you'll need to clear non-TSA PRE security there. There's also no airside returning shuttle from B, so you'll always need to re-clear security at least once on such trips.
Yeah I don't know what the deal was. She wouldn't even let us go to A. Frankly I should be able to go to whatever eligible lounge I want.
Old Oct 25, 18, 1:27 pm

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
Originally Posted by salisboss View Post
Yeah I don't know what the deal was. She wouldn't even let us go to A. Frankly I should be able to go to whatever eligible lounge I want.
I’ve faced this too. They “discourage” people from using the shuttle for lounge access. It’s a stupid policy. Also, they do check boarding passes if you say you’re going to B.

So always say you’re going to A/C and then ask the shuttle driver to drop you at B. It’s a scheduled stop.
Old Oct 25, 18, 4:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; AS MVPG; Marriott Plat Premier; Hilton Diamond (Aspire); Hyatt Refugeeist
Yeah I don't know what the deal was.
EWR.

You'll get similar garbage from the redcoats who mind the security lines.

Their only pleasure seems to be spreading their misery to others.
salisboss likes this.
Old Oct 26, 18, 6:06 am

Originally Posted by PiperAtGatesofDawn View Post

Iíve faced this too. They ďdiscourageĒ people from using the shuttle for lounge access. Itís a stupid policy. Also, they do check boarding passes if you say youíre going to B.

So always say youíre going to A/C and then ask the shuttle driver to drop you at B. Itís a scheduled stop.
She wouldn't even let us go to A either because our BP said C and we were in C.
Old Oct 27, 18, 12:42 pm

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
She wouldn't even let us go to A either because our BP said C and we were in C.
Yeah usually they donít check your BP when you say youíre going to A. Alternatively you can say there was a gate change!