Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > Star Alliance
Reload this Page >

*A Award, CPH or FRA for Transit Lounge Visit?

Old Jun 7, 03, 5:00 am
Original Poster

Hi All

I just read a post that said I may not be granted Lounge entry when I transit LHR as I have to clear security yada yada yada.

Anyway I am on a *A Award ticket LHR-USA an was wondering if its possible to stop in any part of Europe where they may have a nice decent lounge and transit is easy, then make a good connection in LHR for the long flight home.

I am flying SQ SIN-LHR then *A Award ticket to ORD then UA ORD-ATL.
Can someone suggest a good route?

Thanks

Dave
Old Jun 7, 03, 8:05 am

Programs: UA 1K
Since you are transiting within T3 then it's no problem at LHR. You basically just have to do a quick loop through the connections security. It can take as little as 5 min if you are among the first off your flight and don't get stuck behind stragglers from another.

CPH is great for transit. No security required and the lounge(s) are convenient when you arrive from a non-Schengen flight.

The problem and frustration with LHR is upon arrival for pax who are terminating in LHR or are connecting to BD in T1. Then you walk past the lounges but can't get in.

[This message has been edited by gnaget (edited 06-07-2003).]
Old Jun 8, 03, 11:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; SPGPlat; PCPlat/Amb; HiltonDiamond; CarlsonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesGold
SK Lounges at CPH are nice, though crowded. However, I have always found the LH Lounges, even Senator, at FRA are always overcrowded and thus some of the worst STAR has to offer. I try to avoid FRA for that reason, or try to use UA's lounge, though it is often inconvenient to my gate.

Search this Thread