Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > Star Alliance
Reload this Page >

I actually got to redeem SQ FC with UA miles

Old May 29, 03, 12:26 am
Original Poster

Location: SEA/PDX/NRT/SIN almost every month. I love my sanctuary at Sentosa Cove
Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, UA LT-Gold, SPG Plat, HH Dia, Hyatt Dia, MR Gold

Despite hearing how unsuccessful people have been with redeeming UA miles on SQ flights, I managed to snag a FC award:

SIN-FRA SQ
FRA-DFW LH
DFW-FRA LH
FRA-SIN SQ

I tried to ask UA MP over here in SIN if there is a way to find which dates are available on my own, but she said no. Turns out, she was able to find FC seats on the days I wanted.

I actually wanted to get to europe, but since it was for the same number of miles from SIN to US via europe, I'll visit my nephew for a week just for the heck of it.

Old May 29, 03, 12:57 am
Patron

I am glad to read that you were successful in redeeming MP miles for flights on SQ & LH in First Class, ws8n. If someone needs assistance on these issues, the best place to open a thread is in the relevant FFP and not the *A board:
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">
Where's the best place to post my topic?

You should look at whether or not your post deals specifically with a company, program or location (if you're in FT Dining or FT Airports). If it does, then you should post in that company's/location's forum. The more general forums, such as MilesBuzz, are meant as catch-alls for topics that don't specifically deal with a program/company/location.

ex. You want to start a thread announcing a 10,000 mile Air Canada promotion. Although this would have a home in MilesBuzz, it has a better home in Air Canada's own forum. This separation of forums makes it more convenient for people interested in Air Canada issues, rather than having them search through a generic forum to find things related specifically to their program.
</font>
Your information is most relevant for discussions regarding United Mileage Plus. I am closing this thread here and move it over to UA. Please continue with your contribution there.

Patron
*A TalkModerator

[This message has been edited by Patron (edited 05-29-2003).]

Search this Thread