Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > Star Alliance
Reload this Page >

BlondeBomber, when will Asiana enter your chart?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 17, 2003, 8:32 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC Elite *G :: LH Sen *G :: IC Royal Amb :: PC Plat :: HH Diamond

I think Asiana is a very attractive FF program when it comes to easy qualifications. It seems like *G status can be reached when one reaches 100k (no time limit rules). And once *G is reached one will only need another 40k within 36 months to keep *G. So, 100k for *G valid for 3 years, then only 40k for another 3 years *G, easy
http://us.flyasiana.com/ffp/abc/info...oyaty_main.htm
Will you add Asiana to your chart in a near future BlondeBomber?

BTW, your comparison chart is great!!

Gustaf
Old May 17, 2003, 8:54 am

Programs: UA 1MM, SPG Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
I'll bet that if you gather the information, arrange it in the format BlondeBomber uses, and email it to him, that he would include it in his chart.

BTW, you're right that if someone just wants *G and doesn't care from whom (e.g. for lounge access), then OZ's program is the easiest for most FFs to maintain.
Old May 17, 2003, 8:56 am
Original Member

Programs: AC SE 2MM, HH Dd, SPG; IC Pl/A; AA; DL
I was thinking of leaving it settle for a while since it seems that the program might change over the next year?

But if you have enough information, you could give me the pieces to help me fill in all the spots in my chart? It is important to have someone who is a member since they have more info on all the "unpublished" benefits.
Old May 17, 2003, 10:40 am
Original Poster

I am a member in Asiana, but have not yet receieved any membership pack. Im not planning to credit my miles to Asiana but will try to do a hotel stay to get a few miles just to receive the card and the benefits letter
I will collect some info you need for the comparsion chart within a near future, we´ll see if I can get enough info...

I have a small comment about the 2003 chart. Under SK "Other Minuses" it says "need flight or hotel stay to earn car rental miles". I dont think this is true anylonger, they have changed the rules. Check these two pages for more info:
http://www.scandinavian.net/EC/Appl/...T%3DSE,00.html
http://www.scandinavian.net/EC/Appl/...T%3DSE,00.html

Best regards,
Gustaf
Old May 17, 2003, 1:27 pm
Original Member

Thanks Gustaf--I'll wait for your input. Have updated the SK piece with your info.

------------------

BlondeBomber's Star Lounge Guide
BlondeBomber's Star Alliance Gold Comparison Chart 2003
BlondeBomber's Hilton HHonors Rewards Hotel Levels
BlondeBomber's Starwood Hotel Levels
Old May 18, 2003, 8:45 am

BlondeBomber, I was looking at your *G chart and noticed that in Mexicana's "Upgrade -Any Fare Domestic/Regional" line you state: "Y unlimited domestic, confirmable 7 days to 1hr prior, also on award flights, free compatinon upgrade 1h prior". I am a MX Frecuenta *S and my brother is a MX Frecuenta *G and everytime we fly on the same MX flight on any published fare he always gets my upgrade to Clase Ejecutiva when he gets his upgrade (7 days to 1hr prior) so the free companion upgrade on every MX flight not only applies to award flights.

Very good chart! Helps a lot.

------------------
Rojo
Old May 18, 2003, 9:50 am
Original Member

Muchas gracias Rojo.

http://shorterlink.com/?3OI0LJ (click on English in upper left corner of screen)

English rules state 1 hr for companions.

but if you see the Spanish version it seems to indicate what you say, that companions can do it at same time as member.

"Derecho a un acompańante viajando con el mismo itinerario."

http://shorterlink.com/?ITM97C

Outright discrimination?

I'll change the chart to agree with the Spanish unless I am reading the spanish wrong?

[This message has been edited by BlondeBomber (edited 05-18-2003).]
Old May 18, 2003, 7:08 pm

Next time I contact a Mexicana Frecuenta agent I will tell he/she that their website in english does not match with their website in spanish.

BlondeBomber, I have with me the *G package my brother got this year and on the benefit list you can read:

"Ascensos ilimitados a Clase Ejecutiva de Mexicana, para usted y un acompańante, pagando cualquier tarifa publicada y reservando desde 7 días de anticipación antes de la salida del vuelo" (Sujeto a disponibilidad en Clase D).

"Unlimited upgrades to Mexicana's Executive Class for you and a companion paying any published fare and booking from 7 days prior to departure of the flight" (Subject to availability in D booking class).

------------------
Rojo
Old May 18, 2003, 7:37 pm
Original Member

Gracias
Old May 27, 2003, 7:56 am
Original Member

OZ is now up on the chart. Thanks Alex!

------------------

BlondeBomber's Star Lounge Guide
BlondeBomber's Star Alliance Gold Comparison Chart 2003
BlondeBomber's Hilton HHonors Rewards Hotel Levels
BlondeBomber's Starwood Hotel Levels
Old May 28, 2003, 2:26 am

Your welcome, hopefully, my list is complete as possible.

Alex
Old May 28, 2003, 2:45 am
Original Poster

Good work with OZ Alex!! I was doing the same work but you were faster

Gustaf

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.