FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Star Alliance (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/star-alliance-413/)
-   -   LHR, CDG, MIA, LAX (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/star-alliance/183959-lhr-cdg-mia-lax.html)

ual744777sta May 21, 2003 9:49 pm

LHR, CDG, MIA, LAX

I've read Star's PR and I was wondering are they still going ahead with the take over of T3 (LHR), some concourse or thing at CDG (never been there), and Councourse F (MIA). I know the new T2 at MUC will probably not only include LH and its partners (airlines they partially own) but will it contiain Star partners? And how about moving star parnters to one big area at NRT and LAX? Well i know NRT might be a little bit on the impossible side right now, but LAX might work, just move ANZ,AC to T6, CO to its NW partner in T2, and SQ,MX,LH,TG,RG,NH to T6-7, and UA can use more of T8 and move all UX flights to that little building thingy next to the UA hanger.

------------------
American Airlines, A subsidiary of UAL Corp.
Free Headphones, Free Movies, Free Short Subjects, Channel 9, and more only on UNITED on ALL MAINLINE FLIGHTS.

Al B May 22, 2003 2:48 am

Last I heard they had started negotiations with the BAA about taking on T3 or most of it for Star, but it depended on T5 getting the go-ahead and BA with it's ow partners moving there. MIA is still happening as far as I know, according to a recent article in one of the av mags. LAX is just a big mess anyway and I don't think anything done there would help at all !! http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/smile.gif.
(Although I must admit having AC and NZ way over the other side of LAX is a major PITA.)

House May 22, 2003 3:37 am

Terminal 1 at CDG is scheduled to become a Star Alliance terminal in 2005, a development officially announced by Star and ADP, the airport operator.

At MUC, the new terminal will include all Star Alliance partners (LH publicity expressly refers to T2 as a "Star Alliance Terminal".)

At LHR, things are at an early stage - Star have made clear they would like T3 to themselves, but BAA has made no official announcement on this.

One place it would make sense is SIN (where UA and others are in a different terminal from SQ.

JohnnyP May 22, 2003 9:10 am

It wouldn't surprise me if this leads to the proliferation of more *A lounges (as in Zurich). This would certainly be a cost savings to the airlines.

Is the *A lounge at ZRH up to SQ Silver Kris standards, RCC standards or somewhere in between?

[This message has been edited by Patron (edited 05-22-2003).]

sub2mn May 26, 2003 7:15 pm

Do you know if AC will then move to CDG T1 in 2005 or is there any plan for them to move earlier?

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by House:
Terminal 1 at CDG is scheduled to become a Star Alliance terminal in 2005, a development officially announced by Star and ADP, the airport operator.

At MUC, the new terminal will include all Star Alliance partners (LH publicity expressly refers to T2 as a "Star Alliance Terminal".)

At LHR, things are at an early stage - Star have made clear they would like T3 to themselves, but BAA has made no official announcement on this.

One place it would make sense is SIN (where UA and others are in a different terminal from SQ.
</font>

House May 27, 2003 3:03 am

It would make sense for AC to move over to CDG T1 as soon as space becomes available (they could share infrstructure with partner airlines). No idea about the timing though.

zvezda May 27, 2003 12:11 pm

The last time I flew to ZRH was on UA (I've just dated myself) so I haven't seen the *A lounge there. However, I think in principle the idea of *A lounges makes a lot of sense because of economies of scale. Is ZRH the only one right now?

House May 27, 2003 2:12 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by zvezda:
The last time I flew to ZRH was on UA (I've just dated myself) so I haven't seen the *A lounge there. However, I think in principle the idea of *A lounges makes a lot of sense because of economies of scale. Is ZRH the only one right now?</font>
Ther is also a *A lounge at DXB (also run by LH).