Mexicana Frequenta ???

Old May 9, 03, 9:21 am
Original Poster

Programs: Amex, Avis, BA, BD, CX, FS, Hertz, HH, IC, LH, NH, RC, RCCL, Sixt, SPG, SQ, UA
Mexicana Frequenta ???

I know that there are two threads about this *FFP. But please tell me about their award rules for Star carriers.
On Viking's award table it looks like FRA_AKL would only cost 140K miles for FC. But would it be possible to get seats on SQ ?
The program looks highly-recommendable. What do you guys think ?
Also, there are some questions I posted earlier at:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum...ML/000132.html

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum...ML/000282.html
If the answers will be posted here, I guess, that more people will read and benefit from them.
Thanks.

So please do not move this thread!

I also wonder how many miles one accrues on MX, if one is a Gold MX member and flies SQ or UA.
Old May 9, 03, 10:40 am
Original Poster

Programs: Amex, Avis, BA, BD, CX, FS, Hertz, HH, IC, LH, NH, RC, RCCL, Sixt, SPG, SQ, UA
To follow up:

How many miles would I get for a flight in C (e.g. European LH flight) which is part of a F RTW ?

Do you get miles according to the class of service flown ?

How many miles on UA and SQ in C and F ?
Please clarify! Thanks once more!
Old May 9, 03, 2:15 pm

You crossposted. I'll gladly help you with BlondeBombers comparison chart even though you could have easily found it just a few threads below. Glad to help.

Just see the chart for the information you're looking for.

http://members.shaw.ca/deercroft/starall03.html
Old May 9, 03, 2:17 pm

I just got comped and used MX to earn 350% on a LH F flight. Also codeshares with LH code, yes. A great idea IMOP since the awards are, as you have found out, very cheap.

For short hops I will still us M&M though, because there's no minimum mileage on european LH flights, only intra-german ones.
Old May 9, 03, 3:42 pm

Programs: FB Plt; LH Sen // HH Dia; Bonvoy LTTE
The earning may be good, the awards may be cheap. IMO, the really important question is the award availability.
1.) Do you get the awards you want?
2.) Do you have a MX contact adress that is easy to reach if you need help?
Old May 10, 03, 3:36 am
Patron

flamboyant 1, you spotted a FFP that looks attractive for you and I appreciate your efforts within the spirit of flyertalk to inform & help others. Further more, I understand the frustration of posting a question in a forum that doesn't get much traffic, but - besides the fact that you cross-posted - this is off-topic here. If a member has posted a message that is off-topic for a forum, it can often encourage others to post similar off-topic messages, and this brings the overall level of discussion down. Enforcing the rules is the obvious task of a moderator, and he will be called upon to take real action, by closing threads, moving them, and even removing them altogether.

Randy and his team had reasons to create a a subforum Other North/South America Frequent Flyer Programs, where discussions of Frecuenta, the FFP of MX, take place. I am pretty sure, that if Freceuenta will be used from more flyertalkers, there are a lot of questions raised and the traffic of this board will increase soon.

This is the reason why I am closing this thread here (so everybody who visit this board can read your information) and move it there.

Thanks for you understanding.

Patron
*A TalkModerator

[This message has been edited by Patron (edited 05-10-2003).]

Search this Thread