Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > Star Alliance
Reload this Page >

Asiana Club -confused about levels

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23, 2003, 10:35 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC Elite *G :: LH Sen *G :: IC Royal Amb :: PC Plat :: HH Diamond

Just had a look at Asiana´s web-page. It seems like their Asiana Club program got 3 elite levels -gold, diamond and million miler status.

The gold status is reached when one gets 40k miles (is this Asiana and/or *A miles they mean?). One wont have to get these miles in one year, they can be collected over many years.

On http://www.staralliance.com/star_all.../mbshp_OZ.html they say that Asiana Gold is the same as STAR Gold, but they show a Silver logo beside the text, quite confusing.

If it is true that Asiana Gold means *A Gold then I will go for it at once, so easy to get Gold and stay Gold

Gustaf
Old Apr 23, 2003, 11:01 am

According to this link on the Asiana website, Asiana Gold equals *Silver:

http://us.flyasiana.com/ffp/abc/info...m_change02.htm
Old Apr 24, 2003, 4:11 am

Asiana Silver and Gold is star alliance silver, it's a typo on the website. Asiana Diamond and Platinum are star alliance gold.

To reach Asiana Gold you need 40K total miles with no time limit, so you can take 10, 20 years to reach it but once you reach it, you need to fly 25K in 3 years to maintain.

Asiana Diamond is 100K total with no time limit too and you need to do 40K in 3 years to maintain it.

Platinum is lifetime once you reach 1 million miles.

Asiana is one of the easiest programs for elite status.

I've redeemed about 8 award tickets in biz class and never have problems finding space even a couple of days before departure.

Alex
Old Apr 24, 2003, 9:50 am

Programs: UA 1MM, SPG Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
That's certainly an easy way to reach and maintain Star Gold. I'm already Star Gold through Miles and More until February 2007, but this might be good for my girlfriend, who hasn't yet reached FTL. If she were ever to fly alone, status might be worth more than the larger number of miles that would be earned in M&M (due to the Class of Service Bonus) especially since she doesn't speak English.

Thanks for posting this.
Old Apr 24, 2003, 9:52 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC Elite *G :: LH Sen *G :: IC Royal Amb :: PC Plat :: HH Diamond
Further OZ Club Program Information requested

[This message has been edited by Patron (edited 04-24-2003).]
Old Apr 24, 2003, 1:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM. DL Plat, AS MVP
I think OZ silver is just their basic level. I signed up for OZ, and my status says, "silver."
Old Apr 27, 2003, 6:41 am

Sorry, my mistake, Asiana Silver is the base and you get no status.

Alex

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.