Community
Wiki Posts
Search

So many choices HKG-PHL!

Search this Thread

Old Apr 10, 2003, 9:49 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA1K MM, BA Gold, Hyatt LT Globalist, Bonvoy LTE, IHG Diam, HH Gold, Amtrak Sel Exec
So many choices HKG-PHL!

I'm trying to book a * Business class award segment from HKG to PHL across the ATLANTIC, and I have the following choices available to me...just curious which people would take?

1) HKG-FRA LH 1pm arriving 7pm, a forced overnight in FRA, FRA-PHL US 11am or LH 1pm

2) HKG-SIN on SQ (coach only avail. now), SIN-FRA on LH midnight arriving 6 am, FRA-PHL on US or LH. Unfortunately the SQ overnight flight from SIN-FRA is sold out.

3) HKG-SIN on SQ (coach only avail. now),
SIN-FRA on SQ daytime flight leaving 1pm, arriving 7 pm, forced overnight in FRA, FRA-PHL US 11 am or LH 1 pm.

3) HKG-SIN on SQ (coach only avail. now), SIN-CDG on SQ 11pm arr 530 am, CDG-PHL 1pm

4) HKG-MUC on LH overnight flight, MUC-FRA on LH, FRA-PHL on LH.

And on and on... but these seem to be the best options avail. right now.

I was surprised that we could now book US flights on * awards but seems that we can.
Old Apr 10, 2003, 10:40 am

US is NOT(yet) a member of Star. Are you sure you can include US on a * award?
Old Apr 10, 2003, 10:49 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA1K MM, BA Gold, Hyatt LT Globalist, Bonvoy LTE, IHG Diam, HH Gold, Amtrak Sel Exec
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by kempis:
US is NOT(yet) a member of Star. Are you sure you can include US on a * award?</font>
Well aware that US is not a *A member.

However, 3 different 1K agents have offered me the US flights. Note this is for Feb 04, so maybe that makes a difference as they're expecting US to be part of *A.

Old Apr 10, 2003, 12:23 pm
Patron

kv99s question in conjunction with kempis answer is a good example that there are good reasons to move FFP specific topics to the relevant FFP forum: Every FFP has their own rules and what you can do in one FFP is not possible in another. kv99 likes to burn MP miles for an Award ticket on UA. The best place for discussions regarding UA MP is the United forum and this is the reason why I close this thread here and move it there.

Patron
*A TalkTeam Moderator

[This message has been edited by Patron (edited 04-10-2003).]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.