Wiki Posts
Search

55,555 - any advice?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 22, 2002, 12:11 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

55,555 - any advice?

I'm new to this group... and I thought I was pretty good, but you guys are unreal! So, i'm asking for some help from the pros...

I'm in San Francisco, and I have a little time in the next couple weeks...

Does anyone have any good leads or ideas for a 55K run from here, roundtrips obtaining the bonus in 2 programs? I'm in UA, TG, LH, MX, AC and SK.
Old Jun 22, 2002, 1:30 pm
Company Representative - Air Canada

Welcome to FT bobbysfca!

Here's what I recommend: Buy a roundtrip ticket to SIN on UA so you'll be flying SFO-NRT-SIN-NRT-SFO (airline 1). Stopover in NRT for a day, buy a visit Japan pass on ANA and do a simple rountrip such as NRT-KIX(airline 2). Once you're in SIN, do SIN-KUL-SIN on SQ (airline 3), then SIN-BKK-SIN on SK (airline 4) and SIN-CGK-SIN on LH (airline 5). Make a nice short vacation out of this!

UA SFO-NRT-SFO: Credit to mileage plus to meet the transcontinental requirement.
UA NRT-SIN: Credit to your second airline.
UA SIN-NRT: Doesn't matter which program you credit to. (Probably the one which you're mainly using)

Then for SQ, NH, SK & LH, credit one way of each flight to each program. (i.e. SIN-KUL to UA then KUL-SIN to another airline)

That's probably the best way of getting it and also getting tons of Q miles in return.

Your other option is to fly to LHR and then buy an airpass and do those intra-Europe flight but it'll probably be more expensive.

Old Jun 22, 2002, 1:48 pm

SK EuroBonus requires that you travel in business or first class to be able to earn these 55K miles.
Old Jun 22, 2002, 6:32 pm

Empress, can you direct me to any info regarding the Visit Japan Pass? I couldn't find it on the ANA website.

Also, perhaps it should be repeated here (for the sake of those who belong to KrisFlyer) that SIN-KUL-SIN is excluded from the SQ program.
Old Jun 23, 2002, 2:44 am
Company Representative - Air Canada

Sure. I found it on ANA Hong Kong's website but you can basically get the AirPass from anywhere except Japan.

http://www.anahk.com.hk/english/skyh...thers_vjf.html

It's a super bargain if you fly before Jul 5. Only around $100 USD for 2 coupons (roundtrip)!
Old Jun 23, 2002, 12:06 pm

Programs: Aeroplan; PriorityClub
Empress, would the class of service on the UA fare qualify for the 55555? If it's below M, the UA rules indicate that it would be precluded, so I wonder which fare you have in mind. Great itin!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.