Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > Star Alliance
Reload this Page >

"Star Plus" hotel/rest/bar discounts

Old Oct 27, 2000, 7:55 pm
Original Poster

Last week as I was boarding my return flight from Beijing to SFO, I noticed a handy two-fold brochure by the entrance of the jetway.

It was listing of 12 establishments in northeastern Beijing that offered discounts ranging from 5%-25% on their services. Discount cards are very popular at some of the more mediocre places in Beijing, but the Star Alliance card actually got you a deal at some of the better restaurants and bars in the area.

Are there any other cities where a "Star Plus" program exists? If so, how does one get info before I arrive (and not as I am leaving)? I took a look at the Star Alliance site and there is no mention of anything like this.

For those that care, the following establishments in Beijing were mentioned:

Red Basil - 10% (probably best Thai in city)
Omar Khayyam - 10%
Ristorante Adria - 15% lunch / 10% other times
Big Easy - 20% ex happy hour
Li's Family Rest - 10% ex drinks
Matsuko - 10%
Shanghai Gourmet - 10%
1001 Nights - 10% ex drinks
The Den - 20%
Club Vogue - 10%
Kempinski Hotel - 25% off rack
Beijing United Family Hospital - 5%
Old Oct 27, 2000, 8:45 pm

This is not exactly hotel/rest/bar discounts but NH in BKK offers discounts on air fares on a few of their routes for *Gold card holders. They can be purchased via local agents as well.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.