Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > Star Alliance
Reload this Page >

Lowdown On Star Lounges At LAX Tom Bradley

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 8, 2000, 2:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA Million Miler. (1.9M) Virgin Platinum. HH Diamond + SPG Gold

I recently took Mexicana flight from the Bradley It'l termnail at LAX. That is "MILES" from the UA arrival terminals but after 14 hours on a plane the exercise did me good as I walked it.

The MEX flight was about 9am. MEX do NOT have any lounge access whatever there which is a little odd. I DID for the record pull out my Gold * card and asked politely if that was any use in getting an upgrade. Much latin frowning and keyboard punching, but a visit out back produced a supervisor who okayed it for both of us. He was very chatty and VERY prooud of the * deal. It will wear off, but hey, remember it if flying MEX in the near future. Very nice flight - was empty except for us. Veuve Clichot etc. They guard upgrades like gold on most Latin airlines but as the story goes "It never hurts to ask"!

Anyway, the lounges. Went to SQ. deserted. Air Nippon. Desterted. Might have also even been a Thai there as I recall, but clearly none had lfights early montnoing. Heard some rustling in the VARIG lounge and scared the sole attenedant out of her mind when I poked my head around the conrner! After her hertbeat returned to normal she was most gracious and friendly.

------------------
~ Glen ~

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.