Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > Star Alliance
Reload this Page >

Mexicana Miles from Ansett Flights?

Old Sep 14, 00, 1:03 am
Original Poster

Programs: QF & NW Clubs. Will never buy another ticket on UA or US.

Ok, is it possible to claim Mexicana miles from Ansett flights? - they are now both Star carriers but I can't find any info on this.
Old Sep 14, 00, 1:23 am

ANDREWCX, welcome to FlyerTalk!

Mexicana Star Alliance
http://www.mexicana.com.mx/mx2/engli...anzas/home.htm
Old Sep 16, 00, 5:36 pm
Original Poster

Programs: QF & NW Clubs. Will never buy another ticket on UA or US.
Thanks, problem is I know they are both Star Alliance but that doesn't necessarily mean that you can claim miles normally in the other (look at AN & UA - can only claim miles from an AN flight on Mileage+ within 30 days of a transpacific UA/ANZ flight - last time I went to Australia via Europe and arrived on Thai so couldn't claim miles in my mileage+ account... and they are all Star).

Does anyone know that you definitely can claim miles and what the conditions are? (It looked from there site that they were treating AN as just part of AirNZ so do they count AN miles as ANZ miles?
Old Sep 17, 00, 6:56 am
Original Member

Programs: miles&more, MileagePlus
this is not a defenitive, 100% sure, answer, but I would bet heavily that it counts[*]in my knowledge UA's Mileage Plus program is the only Star-program with that 30-days-window-exception[*]even UA's program is 'in the rumours' to change that in 'the near' future.[*]UA's Mileage Plus program is so strong with many exclusive North American favours (N-American-confirmable 1K-upgrades, 500-miles-N-American Upgrades, international confirmable 1K-upgrades), that ar not matched by most other Star-ff-programs, that Mileage Plus can afford to 'discriminate' Ansett without any big risk of loosing it's NorthAmerican-'clintèle' - not so most other StarAlliance-frequent-flier-programs (as Mexicana etc.).

Search this Thread