LH M/M counts BD as status miles

Old May 9, 00, 6:26 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA GS, DL Silver, EK Gold, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond
LH M/M counts BD as status miles

just checked my LH online statement and noticed that several BD flights i took last month (not codeshares but true BD flights) have shown up and counted as status miles.

i.e. three LHR - BFS - LHR flights in deeply discounted economy was credited with 1000 status miles each segment.

i had never seen this before - i do these flights pretty regularly - so maybe its an early * A benefit???

i guess my question is - has anyone else had this experience or was this just a one off "error"??
Old May 10, 00, 2:12 am
Original Member

Programs: miles&more, MileagePlus
LH seems to treat (the miles) BD flights (since march-26-2000) like StarAlliance-flights.

As posted before LH published (I have such a document in my hands) in early 2000 wrongly that BD would officially join StarAlliance already as per march-26 (together with the Austrian Group and Singapore) - Mexicana joining 'in summer 2000'.

LH and SAS each hold 20% of BD-shares.
Old May 10, 00, 4:17 am

LH FTL desk told me sometime in mid April that one can earn status miles on BD per May 2 by special agreement although BD will become a *A member lateron this year.
Old May 10, 00, 7:13 am

When I have been FORCED to fly BD during the last month I have recieved status miles in M&M.

I would not be suprised is the number of Senators in the UK (and Austria) increased so much that M&M didn't increase the qualification status to 150,000 (as is the case in Germany).

If and when BD ever starts transatlantic services from Heathrow the situation will be even worse.

Nick
Old May 11, 00, 4:59 am

Programs: Lowest of the low in all airline programs but I am in the EZY FF Program!
This is the view from the other side of the fence i.e. what BM Diamond Club memebrs can expect pre Star Alliance membership.
http://www.britishmidland.com/news/p...00/pr08_00.htm

Search this Thread