Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > Star Alliance
Reload this Page >

Who should I status match to? AA Exec Plat Currently

Old Jan 9, 2017, 2:25 am
Original Poster

Hi there,

I have a long series of flights on Air Canada, and I prefer to have status while doing so. I understand that there are matches to Turkish, Copa, Latam etc.. I was curious what airline you suggest I should match my Oneworld Emerald to. I typically fly within Europe and to Asia. Air Canada no longer matches.

Thanks,
T
Old Jan 13, 2017, 5:40 am

Programs: LH SEN & DL Plat
The only *A carrier that matches is TK as far as I know. You get a Status challenge and in 4 months you Need to have one international flight with TK to extend for 1 year. To Keep the Status for an additional year you Need to collect 15T miles.
Old Jan 15, 2017, 9:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by thelister
I have a long series of flights on Air Canada, and I prefer to have status while doing so. I understand that there are matches to Turkish, Copa, Latam etc.. I was curious what airline you suggest I should match my Oneworld Emerald to. I typically fly within Europe and to Asia. Air Canada no longer matches.
Airline ffp are increasingly offer challenges.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/miles...er-thread.html
Latam is Oneworld

What benefits do want from status? You get most with the airline of your ffp

People are tending to ignore the frequent bit of frequent flyer programs, but many ffp's are intending toward frequent spender programs.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/star-...post-here.html

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.