Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > Star Alliance
Reload this Page >

Star Alliance Lounge Options at SFO International Terminal

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 16, 2016, 5:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: American Airlines

I'm flying UA in Polaris Sunday from SFO-LHR. It's been years since I've flown international out of SFO. I'm a 1K/star gold. I know of course I can access the United Club but I went to lounge finder and I see there is an Eva lounge and a Singapore lounge. Are both of these (I assume) in the international terminal near where my UA flight will be departing? Do I get access? I'm looking for some good beers to enjoy before I head on my Polaris and get my teddy bear.

Thanks
Old Dec 16, 2016, 5:55 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

Please follow this thread in the FT Star Alliance Forum
Thanks..
Obscure2k
TravelBuzz Moderator
Old Dec 16, 2016, 5:59 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Get over the hopes of a teddy bear; they were not planned to be in distribution past the first week and are by most accounts no longer being loaded.

The SQ and BR lounges are in the international terminal, down the hallway to the side of the UClub in that pier of the building. But both have, from time to time, denied entry to UA pax citing overcrowding reasons. And the SQ lounge didn't have any especially good beer unless you think Tiger is special. I don't.
Old Dec 16, 2016, 7:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sbm12
Get over the hopes of a teddy bear; they were not planned to be in distribution past the first week and are by most accounts no longer being loaded.

The SQ and BR lounges are in the international terminal, down the hallway to the side of the UClub in that pier of the building. But both have, from time to time, denied entry to UA pax citing overcrowding reasons. And the SQ lounge didn't have any especially good beer unless you think Tiger is special. I don't.
No teddy for me?

Thanks for the heads up. I'm sure UA has "premium" beers on draft but on principle alone I refuse to pay for them.

I'm surprised LH doesn't operate a lounge there. I was always impressed by the DTW lounge.
Old Dec 16, 2016, 7:51 pm

Originally Posted by enviroian
on principle alone I refuse to pay for them.
We have very different principles. I do things that make me happy. You can also drink outside of the lounge, where there are even better options.

I'm surprised LH doesn't operate a lounge there. I was always impressed by the DTW lounge.
LH has a lounge in DTW because there was no other option available. It uses partners or OALs in every other US gateway, save IAD and JFK. Between local flight volume and partners it does okay in those airports.
Old Dec 16, 2016, 7:57 pm

Programs: Au: UA, Marriott, Hilton; GE
I'm flying UA in Polaris Sunday from SFO-LHR. It's been years since I've flown international out of SFO. I'm a 1K/star gold. I know of course I can access the United Club but I went to lounge finder and I see there is an Eva lounge and a Singapore lounge. Are both of these (I assume) in the international terminal near where my UA flight will be departing? Do I get access? I'm looking for some good beers to enjoy before I head on my Polaris and get my teddy bear.

Thanks

SQ was a nice and empty lounge when I tried it last year. No problems getting in with my GF boarding pass.

Try both now, because their spaces are slated to be incorporated into a new UA lounge redesign.
Old Dec 17, 2016, 12:59 pm

OP: when will you spend your lounge time on Sunday? Both SQ & BR lounges are open once or twice a day, for 2-3 hours at a time, depending on their own flight departure times.

BR has a daily flight leaving between 00:00-01:00, and an afternoon flight that operates 3-4 times a week leaving at around 16:30.

SQ has a daily flight to HKG leaving between 00:00-01:00 and the new n/s to SIN leaving at around 09:30. (Something like that.)

Check their flight schedules on your date to see if their opening hours will coincide with your schedule. Both lounges have better catering.
Old Dec 17, 2016, 1:00 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Ua Gold, GE.. Sucker for punishment
I tried to get access to SQ lounge as *A UA Gold flying in Y.. Denied. That said the UC in the international terminal is quiet decent but does seem to be very crowded at the moment
Old Dec 17, 2016, 2:39 pm

Originally Posted by cyclogenesis
I tried to get access to SQ lounge as *A UA Gold flying in Y.. Denied.
What time was this? I never had problems in the afternoon, when SQ used to have their flight to ICN. I know they deny access in the evening when the lounge gets more crowded for their HKG flight. No idea about the morning for their SIN flight.
Old Dec 18, 2016, 9:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sfvoyage
OP: when will you spend your lounge time on Sunday? Both SQ & BR lounges are open once or twice a day, for 2-3 hours at a time, depending on their own flight departure times.

BR has a daily flight leaving between 00:00-01:00, and an afternoon flight that operates 3-4 times a week leaving at around 16:30.

SQ has a daily flight to HKG leaving between 00:00-01:00 and the new n/s to SIN leaving at around 09:30. (Something like that.)

Check their flight schedules on your date to see if their opening hours will coincide with your schedule. Both lounges have better catering.
I'll have roughly 1.5 hours between 1730 and 1900. Good info above. Looks like those lounges will devoid of their respective airline's passengers.

Thanks
Old Dec 18, 2016, 12:11 pm

Originally Posted by sfvoyage
I never had problems in the afternoon, when SQ used to have their flight to ICN.
Lots of posts (a whole thread, in fact) to this effect in the UA forum.
I'll have roughly 1.5 hours between 1730 and 1900. Good info above. Looks like those lounges will devoid of their respective airline's passengers.
And also staff. Expect that the doors will be locked during that time; the lounges are typically open only for their departures and your visit doesn't align with those times.
Old Dec 18, 2016, 12:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sbm12
Lots of posts (a whole thread, in fact) to this effect in the UA forum.

And also staff. Expect that the doors will be locked during that time; the lounges are typically open only for their departures and your visit doesn't align with those times.
So bud light at UA lounge and no teddy?
Old Dec 21, 2016, 6:36 pm

Programs: LHSen UA1K VAGold QFSilv HHon Diamond ShangrilaJade Radisson Gold SPG Gold Marriott Gold Hertz Presi
SQ Lounge is good as is Precheck at Int Terminal but limited hours EVA is passable but also limited hours as LH Senator no problems with SQ or EVA lounges just no UA Star Gold on domestic itineraries Have not been to the UA Club Int or Domestic when last there for a mileage run end of this novemeber as prefer the Amex lounge in T3 with the walkway post security in Domestic TSA Precheck is much much better at Int Terminal
Old Dec 22, 2016, 9:09 am

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by cbourl
TSA Precheck is much much better at Int Terminal
Actually it's not. It's the worst of the three Pre checkpoints you can use for an E, F, or G Terminal departure. At certain times of day, the lines will be shorter than either of the F Terminal checkpoints though, so it still makes sense to use it then or if you don't feel like making the 5 minute walk to F.
Old Jan 10, 2017, 2:33 pm

Programs: UA, BR, WN /Hyatt Dis/SPG Gold/ HH Gold
Refused by SFO EVA lounge

Just took BR17 SFO-TPE on Xmas day. I have UA club card. According to *A website and rule, I have access to SQ, BR, and UA lounges. I was able to access UA and SQ without problem. (just want to see how these lounges look.)

I was stopped by BR receptionist. She texted the station manager and replied I can only go to UA lounge even though I have a paid UA club membership.

Anyone here used the UA club card to gain access to BR lounge? How do you do it? I even showed the receptionist the following *A web page rule and got denied.

"As an eligible holder of Paid Lounge Membership, you have access to any Star Alliance member airline Business Class Lounge. Eligible paid memberships include United Club and Air Canada Maple Leaf Club – Worldwide."

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.