Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > Star Alliance
Reload this Page >

Star Alliance Lounge Options at SFO International Terminal

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Star Alliance Lounge Options at SFO International Terminal

Search this Thread

Old Jan 10, 2017, 3:22 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by darthmong
Just took BR17 SFO-TPE on Xmas day. I have UA club card. According to *A website and rule, I have access to SQ, BR, and UA lounges. I was able to access UA and SQ without problem. (just want to see how these lounges look.)

I was stopped by BR receptionist. She texted the station manager and replied I can only go to UA lounge even though I have a paid UA club membership.
BR regularly denies lounge access to all except its own business class pax and elites at SFO.
Old Jan 10, 2017, 6:45 pm

Programs: UA *Gold (1 MM)
Originally Posted by darthmong

Anyone here used the UA club card to gain access to BR lounge? How do you do it? I even showed the receptionist the following *A web page rule and got denied....
Denial is specific to SFO. Earlier posters have reported the lounge is small so BR restricts access.
You will not have any problem at EVA lounges in TPE. I was offered the choice of Star lounge (turn left) or the Infinity lounge (turn right) when I presented my UA Club card, and flying UA metal in economy.
Old Jan 10, 2017, 8:22 pm

Programs: UA, BR, WN /Hyatt Dis/SPG Gold/ HH Gold
Originally Posted by Flexible Flyer
Denial is specific to SFO. Earlier posters have reported the lounge is small so BR restricts access.
You will not have any problem at EVA lounges in TPE. I was offered the choice of Star lounge (turn left) or the Infinity lounge (turn right) when I presented my UA Club card, and flying UA metal in economy.

Thank you for the information. I will try the BR's TPE lounge and report back. I used the Star lounge last trip (with a Laurel Royal ticket). I will the Infinity lounge if they offer me.

Old Aug 25, 2017, 8:35 am

Question

I have an upcoming trip via SFO in mid November (I'm a *Gold travelling on economy). Does anyone know if SilverKris lounge will still be open then, or will it already be closed for the upcoming Polaris lounge?
Old Aug 29, 2017, 9:55 am

Originally Posted by ItchyBackSide
I have an upcoming trip via SFO in mid November (I'm a *Gold travelling on economy). Does anyone know if SilverKris lounge will still be open then, or will it already be closed for the upcoming Polaris lounge?

Why would the SQ lounge close for a Polaris lounge being built?
Old Aug 30, 2017, 10:31 am

Programs: UA
Polaris lounge won't be ready until some time in 2018, SQ only opens at certain hours and turns away *G a lot of times.

Originally Posted by sbm12

I heard that was the plan, premium class travelers would go to Polaris and the regular *G would get schlepped to the sub par UC.
Old Aug 31, 2017, 8:14 am

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by sbm12
Because UA is taking over the space in the expansion that accompanies the Polaris lounge conversion.
DoTheBartMan likes this.
Old Sep 8, 2017, 9:32 am

Originally Posted by thejaredhuang
Polaris lounge won't be ready until some time in 2018, SQ only opens at certain hours and turns away *G a lot of times.
Thanks. Do you know if they have already started the renovation/closed the SilverKris lounge?
Old Sep 9, 2017, 10:43 am

Programs: AY, SQ, EK
Thanks. Do you know if they have already started the renovation/closed the SilverKris lounge?
Flew on SQ to SFO in March - had a domestic flight on UA a few hours later. Tried to go to the SQ lounge, but the place looked like it was closed permanently.
Old Sep 11, 2017, 9:23 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ti/LTP
Originally Posted by nanyang
Flew on SQ to SFO in March - had a domestic flight on UA a few hours later. Tried to go to the SQ lounge, but the place looked like it was closed permanently.
The SQ lounge remains available as of Sep11. They close at 11am for the SIN flight and reopen in the evening for sq1/hkg/sin.
Old Oct 1, 2017, 2:07 am

According to this: https://loungereview.com/united-loun...efore-polaris/

The SilverKris lounge will close on 1 Oct 2017.
Even though it's regarded as the worst SilverKris lounge, I like the laksa there... And it has a shower, which is important for me when taking long haul flights.

In the meantime, here's the announcement from United:

San Francisco: Closure and construction

On October 1, the United Club location in the International Terminal will be closed to launch its transition into a United Polaris lounge. An additional United Club location will open across from Gate 71A on the mezzanine level at the end of September. Customers departing out of the International Terminal should allow 10-15 minutes to walk to their gate from the United Club location in Gate 71A or Concourse F.

Last edited by ItchyBackSide; Oct 1, 2017 at 2:19 am
Old Nov 12, 2017, 9:48 am

Programs: UA GS, Marriott LT Plat
Flying tomorrow SFO-PEK in Polaris.

I'm a bit confused on what is available in the International Terminal at SFO.

Is the SilverKris lounge still open past the scheduled Oct 1 closure date?

I see mention of the UA Global First lounge being converted to a regular UC. Has this been completed and is it open?

The only other option I see is the temp UC at gate 71?

Thank,

Zeug
Old Nov 12, 2017, 11:46 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ti/LTP
No not open.

The former GFL is not a United Club/*G club. Only premium cabin allowed in.

T3 united clubs are available for *G
Old Nov 13, 2017, 7:26 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
There's a long thread in the United forum.
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unit...in-lounge.html

The former United Global First Lounge is now the premium class lounge (longhaul F and C passengers only) with better food and drinks than the standard United Club but worse than what the GFL used to be. *G travelling in Y cannot access this lounge.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.