Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > Star Alliance
Reload this Page >

HKG - AKL CX/NZ Codeshare - *G - Can I use the Lounge?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 11, 2016, 3:22 am
Original Poster

Programs: M&M SEN, Starbucks Gold

Hey Girls & Guys,

simple questions because I can really not find anything on this on the web.
I'm flying HKG - AKL on a CX/NZ Codeshare. I'm flying Eco, I have a NZ Flightnumber. I am *G - Am I able to use any lounge at HKG?

Some people say its the metal that counts, others say *G benefits dont apply - its a bit weired...

Thanks in advance.
Old Jul 11, 2016, 3:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
Admittedly, I have no first hand experience but as this is CX flight (regardless of NZ codeshare No) I doubt you will get into the CX lounges (as you are not CX/OW elite) or any of the Star Alliance lounges (TG, UA or SQ) as this is not *A flight (metal counts AFAIK).

But give is a try and report back - it will be useful to others in this forum.
Old Jul 11, 2016, 5:48 am
Original Poster

They actually quote the exact flight (NZ4994) on this list of lounges... http://www.airnewzealand.co.nz/partner-lounge-directory .... And they actually write something about Star Alliance Gold just below that exact lounge.
Old Jul 11, 2016, 7:04 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by FlyingLasse
They actually quote the exact flight (NZ4994) on this list of lounges... http://www.airnewzealand.co.nz/partner-lounge-directory .... And they actually write something about Star Alliance Gold just below that exact lounge.
Note that this is a special NZ arrangement with CX and TG, not a *A benefit.

This question should really go in the NZ forum.
Old Jul 11, 2016, 7:49 am
Original Poster

I messaged them on Facebook. Lets see what they say.
Old Jul 12, 2016, 3:48 am
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Originally Posted by FlyingLasse
*G lounge access on that flight only occurs if the *G status is with NZ Airpoints (due to the special arrangement NZ & CX has).

Business class will get lounge access.

Non-NZ *G (flying economy or premium economy) will not get lounge access.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.