T2 LHR lounges

Old Jun 28, 2016, 12:11 pm
aau

Programs: AA Plat Pro, UA MM Gold, HHonors Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Plat, IHG Ambassador
Do any of the T2 *A lounges have a printer available?
Old Jul 4, 2016, 1:29 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Gold, Marriott Titanium, TAP Gold
100% United, probably the few and only cases I would say so...
Old Jul 5, 2016, 3:10 pm

Where do the SAS flights arrive from in T2? I have 3.5 hours between flights would I be able to visit the AC/LH/UC lounges in that amount of time? How spread apart are they? How far of a walk is it between T2A/B after security? Are business class passengers given a fast track pass to connect planes at LHR?

Thanks

Last edited by ASUDan130; Jul 5, 2016 at 3:30 pm
Old Jul 6, 2016, 6:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by ASUDan130
Where do the SAS flights arrive from in T2? I have 3.5 hours between flights would I be able to visit the AC/LH/UC lounges in that amount of time? How spread apart are they? How far of a walk is it between T2A/B after security? Are business class passengers given a fast track pass to connect planes at LHR?

Thanks
I'm actually in the midst of doing this right now (parents were on a UA flight back to the States and so I now have a longish wait until my SK flight to Oslo).

It's about a 12-17 minute walk from security itself to the United Club (about 10-15 minute walk depending on pace from when you get to the escalator that brings you down to gate level and starts you on the pathway over to 2B).

The AC/SQ lounges are just to the left when you come up the escalator (just to the left of the WH Smith and Duty Free). The United Club is about 1 minute down to the right from the escalator.

Note the LH lounge is back in 2A (I'm headed there last since my SK flight leaves from 2A).

I can't speak to Fast Track but if you are departing from 2A (where I believe all EU flights depart from) you'll want to come over to 2B first (and hit UA, AC, and SQ - AC and SQ are literally across the hall from each other on the club levl) and then make your way back to 2A for your departure and for LH.

I have not finished my journey so can't speak to all of the food but both SQ and UA have both been pretty solid though nothing super fancy (UA is better than any UC I've been to though I haven't been to NRT UC) and SQ is average (though a nice Singapore Sling). Both (SQ and UA) are catered / operated by Sodexho so the Western food is the same, it's just SQ has some Asian options. Both (SQ and UA) have well stocked bars with many more options than you get in the US (everything is complimentary at the UC and it's not the bottom of the barrel swill they have at domestic UCs).

EDIT: It took me 10 minutes to walk from SQ to LH as a fast walker with only my backpack and walking by myself. A big reason for the amount of time it took is the fact that the moving sidewalk only goes in the 2A ---> 2B direction and so there is no moving sidewalk to go from 2B ---> 2A.

LH itself is a perfectly fine lounge to end on near the 2A gates. It's catered by DO&CO so slightly different alcohol and food selection. In addition at LH the alcohol is completely self-service (with no bar for cocktails) unlike SQ (which is self service except cocktails / spirits where there is a bar) and UA (where there is no self-service at all). I had access to the SEN side due to *G and it had a wider variety of food and alcohol than on the LH Business side.

I think in sum I actually agree with many of the other posters here who said UA is the best. For an American, it has the best combination of food that appeals to me and, unlike domestic UCs, a well-stocked, complimentary bar. Definitely check out the others if you have time but if you are departing on UA and you are tight on time I'd spend my time in the UC (unless you really want a Singapore Sling).

Last edited by Duke787; Jul 8, 2016 at 3:08 pm
Old Jul 6, 2016, 6:48 am

Programs: 1 thousand
If transferring:

Security: has a fast track lane: they took my *G economy BP (without a *G card), so I imagine they'd take a business class BP there.

Transfer/immigration:
- If departing internationally: BP check: there is a fast track lane but it was closed, the main queue only had 3-4 people
- If departing domestically: immigration, I didn't see whether there was a fast track, but it looked quite empty.

Note: every time I've been through the place only has about 10-20 passengers in it. I don't think many people are transferring.
Old Jul 6, 2016, 12:47 pm

Originally Posted by Duke787
I have not finished my journey so can't speak to all of the food but both SQ and UA have both been pretty solid though nothing super fancy (UA is better than any UC I've been to though I haven't been to NRT UC) and SQ is average (though a nice Singapore Sling). Both are catered / operated by Sodexho so the Western food is the same, it's just SQ has some Asian options. Both have well stocked bars with many more options than you get in the US (everything is complimentary at the UC and it's not the bottom of the barrel swill they have at domestic UCs).
Thanks for the great detailed report, but can you please clarify in the above paragraph, do you mean to say AC and UA have both been pretty solid and SQ is average, or is AC the average one? And you say "both" later in the paragraph, does that mean all three?
Old Jul 7, 2016, 2:07 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA Premier Gold
not impressed with the SQ lounge - it felt like a big stuffy toilet (subjective feeling).

Check out my video report on all 5 Star Alliance Business Class lounges at LHR T2.

Old Jul 8, 2016, 3:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by witlesspax
Thanks for the great detailed report, but can you please clarify in the above paragraph, do you mean to say AC and UA have both been pretty solid and SQ is average, or is AC the average one? And you say "both" later in the paragraph, does that mean all three?
Sorry about that! Both refers to SQ and UA - I never actually made it inside AC (just to the hall where SQ and AC are both located).

I spent too much time in SQ watching Wimbledon and would've only had 5-10 minutes in AC (and no time in LH) so I chose instead to make my way back to 2A and go to LH for my remaining time.

I'll update my post to make sure it's clear throughout.
Old Jul 11, 2016, 9:36 am

Is it true that the LH Sen lounge has the highest quality food out of all the lounges because it uses Do and Co? I assume if my flight departs from 2B then it would make sense to head to the LH Lounge in T2A first? Is it even worth it for a 3 hr connection or should I just stick to UA/AC?
Old Jul 11, 2016, 1:31 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Is it true that the LH Sen lounge has the highest quality food out of all the lounges because it uses Do and Co? I assume if my flight departs from 2B then it would make sense to head to the LH Lounge in T2A first? Is it even worth it for a 3 hr connection or should I just stick to UA/AC?
If you are connecting in LHR you will have to go through transfer security in T2A anyway before going to T2B. If you have 3 hours why don't you go to both or all? If you are *G and have access to the LH Senator Lounge the food is certainly very nice though it may depend on the time of day and individual taste.
Old Jul 28, 2016, 8:17 am
cur

Programs: fwp blood diamond, dykwia uranium
lhr t2 sucks. i hate it. so over engineered and overbuilt and the footprint is just ludicrous. honestly the stands for narrow bodies at t2a do not need to as large as they are but i guess bigger and more wasteful is better. but at least it has 3 fabulous lounges and a mediocre one just in case.

i will confirm this, i was in love with the uc and sq lounge food, which is good, but lh is by far the best for breakfast and dinner. every time i transit lhr (typically very first thing in the am) i go to lh. self serve bar, wide variety, and best lounge food in lhr. the interior design is very german/weird but breakfast jack daniel made me forget that...and the fact i'm in crappy t2.

sq has great food, the best deserts, singapore slings, and nice seating assuming the lounge isn't crowded
ua has almost as good food, no real deserts, best coffee, giant bottles of water, and nice bright open layout. and the best showers.
ac sucks but they have giant cookies in the evening and little sleeping cubicles in the back

because t2 sucks no matter where you arrive you have to re clear thru the gong show security in t2a. the lh lounge is in t2a right after that absolutely pointless job creating self-invented bottle neck after security where a purple coat scans your boarding card for whatever stupid reason.

lh to sq took me 9mins 40 seconds, 6'5" fast walk. use the elevators.
Old Jul 28, 2016, 8:26 am
cur

lufthansa has best breakfast hands down. and an open bar.

ua has best showers
sq has singapore slings and nice comfortable seating
ac lounge is meh
Old Jul 28, 2016, 6:26 pm

Programs: SQ KrisFlyer Elite Gold
I do quite like the breakfasts at the LH lounge. I haven't been able to compare it to the breakfasts at the UA/SQ/AC lounges, however. Haven't had an early morning flight out of T2B.
Old Jul 31, 2016, 8:36 am

Programs: BRK-B
UA lounge made me drunk from their house cocktail, so recommend.
Old Jul 31, 2016, 2:12 pm
cur

Originally Posted by Noppasit
UA lounge made me drunk from their house cocktail, so recommend.
which one of the 20 was that

they make a decent margarita for europe

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.