FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Star Alliance (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/star-alliance-413/)
-   -   Protection segment - ticket with 2 pnr (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/star-alliance/1757386-protection-segment-ticket-2-pnr.html)

Pinxo Apr 4, 2016 11:14 am

Protection segment - ticket with 2 pnr

Hi all,

I've just booked a ticket through an online travel agency. The itineray is connects 2 flights from 2 different star alliance partners. I go 2 pnr one per airline. The second ticket states "protection segment" and mention the origin of my flight with a different date. Could anybody explain if the tickets are connected or if I miss the flight I will have to rebook my ticket? What about the luggage? Any idea?

Thank you in advance for your support

JDiver Apr 4, 2016 11:31 am

Welcome to FlyerTalk.

This topic is a better "fit" for the Star Alliance forum than for TalkBoard Topics, so we will move your query there.

JDiver, Moderator

Pinxo Apr 4, 2016 1:19 pm

Originally Posted by JDiver (Post 26434995)
Welcome to FlyerTalk.

This topic is a better "fit" for the Star Alliance forum than for TalkBoard Topics, so we will move your query there.

JDiver, Moderator

Thank you! Sorry for the incorrect posting. I hope somebody can provide an answer

malmostoso Apr 4, 2016 2:07 pm

Could you share what airlines we're talking about here and on what routing? Many airlines have incompatible IT systems so it's normal to have different PNRs in the same reservation, in order to retrieve the booking on the systems of all the airlines involved.

Basically what's important is that you have one and only one e-ticket number. If you have more than one, then you can start worrying.

Often1 Apr 4, 2016 2:12 pm

PNR's are unimportant. What is important is the number of tickets.

However, nobody here can answer your question without exact details. What carriers, what route and are you on one or two tickets (ignore PNR's).

Pinxo Apr 4, 2016 2:21 pm

Originally Posted by malmostoso (Post 26435932)
Could you share what airlines we're talking about here and on what routing? Many airlines have incompatible IT systems so it's normal to have different PNRs in the same reservation, in order to retrieve the booking on the systems of all the airlines involved.

Basically what's important is that you have one and only one e-ticket number. If you have more than one, then you can start worrying.

Originally Posted by Often1 (Post 26435951)
PNR's are unimportant. What is important is the number of tickets.

However, nobody here can answer your question without exact details. What carriers, what route and are you on one or two tickets (ignore PNR's).

Hi I have 2 ticket numbers 1 for Swiss and 1 for Aegean. In the swiss ticket (second ticket) is written protection segment and the origin of my flight. I don't understand why did they sell it that way...