Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > Star Alliance
Reload this Page >

Star Alliance lounge Amsterdam AMS

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Star Alliance lounge Amsterdam AMS

Search this Thread

Old Mar 28, 2019, 10:40 am

Programs: Flying Blue, BA Executive Club, LH Miles & More, Air Asia BigShot, Les Collectioneurs
Here right now.
70% occupancy, some hot food like: Beef and vegetarian stew with either rice or mashed potatoes. Some bread with cold cuts, a salade bar and 2 types of cookies.
beer-wise it is by the bottle; Heineken, Leffe and ofcourse Warsteiner. On tap; Heineken.
wine: red, where, rosé and prosecco.

lounge is a bit dark, and lacks natural lightning. Also it could do with some “fingerfood”.
It has better F&B than the non Schengen Aspire Lounge 41, but i prefer the latter because of the runway food and little fingerfood they offer.
Old Apr 2, 2019, 12:58 am

Finally made my way to the new *A lounge in AMS. Overall an improvement over the old aspire lounge, by no means something one should plan extra time at Schiphol for.

It is quiet though, which compared to the usual zoo that is AMS is nothing to complain about.
Old Apr 3, 2019, 7:35 am

Originally Posted by malmostoso
Finally made my way to the new *A lounge in AMS. Overall an improvement over the old aspire lounge, by no means something one should plan extra time at Schiphol for.

It is quiet though, which compared to the usual zoo that is AMS is nothing to complain about.
Was there for the first time last week as well and I completely agree, it's better than the previous lounge but nothing extraordinary (although I do like that it finally has daylight)
Old Apr 22, 2019, 3:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I travel to Amsterdam often and looking forward to trying this lounge but am a bit confuse to the location. It seems that it is just for European flights. If I am flying to America on United is it easily accessible or would I still use the Aspire lounge?
Old Apr 22, 2019, 10:24 pm

The lounge Is in the Schengen area of the Airport. You can enter security at lounge 1 or 2 (which are Schengen), go to the lounge, then proceed to passport control (which is just below the lounge).

Considering the crapshoot that is passport control in AMS I wouldn't really bother, the lounge is not worth missing your flight or having a stroke trying to make the gate on time.
Old Jun 13, 2019, 12:50 pm
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Clearing up already at 2000/8 pm

Hi,

Using this lounge for the first time for the I believe last Star Alliance flight out from AMS (the 2120 flight to MUC on LH). To my shock, arrived at the lounge around 2000/8pm and everything was cleared from the buffet.

I was the first to ask and was pointed towards a pathetic bowl of cold rice and a bowl of mashed patotoes. So just grabbed a couple of dry crackers for the cheese (which was still out). A couple of mins later more people started coming and asking about the food - then they brough back out the soup (which I declined to eat anymore since it was I had no idea where it's been).

Complained but faced with a blank stare, but later someone from management/team leader came in and complained. He too admitted it was too early that they started clearing up, not happy as he just apologized but that was it.

Very badly managed lounge in my opinion - since I am not sure how often this happens. [am going to complain to LH too]

Cheers!
Old Jun 14, 2019, 7:07 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott LT Au, Hilton C, IHG PtA
Originally Posted by nldogbert
... I believe last Star Alliance flight out from AMS (the 2120 flight to MUC on LH)
Just looking at this weeks schedules, SAS has their latest flight to CPH around that same time (21:45).
TK1956 to IST steals the cake though at 23:15, but that is non-Schengen.

Let's see how their early morning spread is tomorrow morning (I'll bring some crackers from home :P )...
Old Sep 6, 2019, 1:37 pm

Originally Posted by jupper
Just looking at this weeks schedules, SAS has their latest flight to CPH around that same time (21:45).
TK1956 to IST steals the cake though at 23:15, but that is non-Schengen.

Let's see how their early morning spread is tomorrow morning (I'll bring some crackers from home :P )...
Any recent experiences, anyone?
Old Dec 22, 2019, 12:52 am

Programs: LX HON***, FB Silver, BA Silver, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt GP, Hertz Gold, GHA Black
New style lounge which is nice. However it feels like everything else is just basic. Food is stretched out on the buffet space and it is very basic. Sometimes I feel providing nothing is better than big marketing and disappoint people. The biggest issue for me is that there is not shower. How can you build a star lounge without shower facilities. All in all they want to drive a big Mercedes but inside cost cutting drives them to Lada quality. Bad rating to star alliance from me for this one.
hugolover likes this.
Old Jan 9, 2020, 10:27 am

Programs: aegean gold , klm explorer
I was here a week ago for the second ams-cph sas flight.

I agree that it has its shortcomings, but its a verry peacefull place. I mean, compared to the klm lounge its verry tranquil.

Had a few pancakes and sat at the swivelingchairs by the Windows. Only true shame is that they didnt clear the building in front of the windows when redoing the panarama terace.

Sat there fueling up on caffeine for hours.
Old Aug 20, 2020, 10:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Is this * lounge at AMS open currently?
Old Sep 6, 2020, 2:42 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
It is not unfortunately. When flying C they do let you in to the Aspire lounge next door - but that one is dreadful in terms of food/drinks on offer.
Old Sep 6, 2020, 4:59 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Xandrios
It is not unfortunately. When flying C they do let you in to the Aspire lounge next door - but that one is dreadful in terms of food/drinks on offer.
My impression is both lounge have got the same caterer. Aspire food is typically a subset of the stuff in the *A lounge.
Xandrios likes this.
Old Jul 18, 2021, 2:49 pm

Programs: A3, BA, OZ,
Any updates on this lounge? Star Alliance website still says closed. Just curious if that is accurate.
Old Aug 11, 2021, 9:43 pm

Is it still closed or the SA website is outdated?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.