Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > Star Alliance
Reload this Page >

Star Alliance lounge Amsterdam AMS

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Star Alliance lounge Amsterdam AMS

Search this Thread

Old Feb 9, 2019, 3:54 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
I'm flying out of AMS today and lounge #26 (aspire) has now moved upstairs.

There are two entrances, aspire on the right and star alliance on the left. The star alliance lounge is still closed.

Upon entering the aspire lounge I met two agents at the desk, and in their usual fashion, gossiping between them. My greeting goes unanswered. After 15 seconds one makes a hand gesture indicating she wants the boarding pass I'm holding. Great service as always from aspire..

First impressions of the new aspire lounge: bit more light than before, still overcrowded, and the exact same food and drinks. They literally moved everything upstairs. Only the furniture seems to have been renewed.

The only good thing is that one side now has windows - though not directly overlooking anything interesting. But at least it doesn't have the basement vibe it used to have.

It's about time the star lounge will open. Hopefully it will offer a better experience than the aspire lounge. Though with the same attendants I'm not confident. A glimpse of the construction in progress:

Old Feb 20, 2019, 2:26 am

Programs: Der 5* FTL
Originally Posted by Xandrios
I'm flying out of AMS today and lounge #26 (aspire) has now moved upstairs.

There are two entrances, aspire on the right and star alliance on the left. The star alliance lounge is still closed.

Upon entering the aspire lounge I met two agents at the desk, and in their usual fashion, gossiping between them. My greeting goes unanswered. After 15 seconds one makes a hand gesture indicating she wants the boarding pass I'm holding. Great service as always from aspire..

First impressions of the new aspire lounge: bit more light than before, still overcrowded, and the exact same food and drinks. They literally moved everything upstairs. Only the furniture seems to have been renewed.

The only good thing is that one side now has windows - though not directly overlooking anything interesting. But at least it doesn't have the basement vibe it used to have.

It's about time the star lounge will open. Hopefully it will offer a better experience than the aspire lounge. Though with the same attendants I'm not confident. A glimpse of the construction in progress:
Some extra pictures.

Crucially I think the catering won't change from Aspire offering, which is dreadful. On KLM fora people complain about the Crown Lounge, but that itself is about 10x better than Aspire.

KL714 and ErnstH like this.
Old Feb 20, 2019, 2:46 am
Moderator: SAS
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK EBD (*G)
Originally Posted by Fabo.sk

There are pancakes?!?????

PS: OT weird thing I just noticed, when I click on fabo.sk name on top of my quote it takes me to a post from 2004?
Old Feb 20, 2019, 2:53 am

Originally Posted by Nick Art
There are pancakes?!?????

PS: OT weird thing I just noticed, when I click on fabo.sk name on top of my quote it takes me to a post from 2004?
Yep, pannenkoeken are available. in fact the only warm option available for breakfast. (next to the soup). Same as in old lounge (which actually might not even have had the soup)

As for the quote redirect, you probably removed a 6 by mistake when removing extra pictures from the quote.
Nick Art likes this.
Old Feb 20, 2019, 5:18 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
Thanks. The boxes with cutlery (under the food station) are really inexcusable in my opinion. People are grabbing things from there with their bare hands, touching about all other pieces in the box. Looking at the percentage of people (not) even washing their hands at the public bathroom right next to the food station...I don't find this particularly acceptable.
Old Mar 5, 2019, 3:29 am

Programs: Flying Blue, BA Executive Club, LH Miles & More, Air Asia BigShot, Les Collectioneurs
Any updates on opening of the Amsterdam StarAlliance lounge?
Old Mar 5, 2019, 5:49 am

Programs: Delta Silver, HH Gold, Accor Gold, IHG Platinum
Official opening is coming Thursday.
Fabo.sk and Justin Case like this.
Old Mar 7, 2019, 11:28 pm

Hurrah!
I've just seen that the new Star Alliance lounge at Amsterdam is now open.
It looks lovely too.
New Star Alliance Amsterdam Lounge
No longer the rather old tired third party lounge on Lufthansa. Yay!
Alas no access on Singapore Airlines as it's over on the Schengen side alas.
Old Mar 8, 2019, 2:06 am

Programs: Flying Blue, BA Executive Club, LH Miles & More, Air Asia BigShot, Les Collectioneurs
Originally Posted by lorkers
Hurrah!

Alas no access on Singapore Airlines as it's over on the Schengen side alas.
@godsavethepoints wrote on his IG account that it was also available for non Schengen flights, but pax then had to go to security again??
would be great for Sia, ua and AC flights
Old Mar 8, 2019, 8:12 am

Non-Schengen pax need to go through passport control on the way to the Schengen concourse (and again on the way back) which can be done in theory, but I'm not sure whether they'll be let through to the Schengen concourse with a non-Schengen boarding pass.
Old Mar 8, 2019, 5:36 pm

Hmm, that does look better than the new Aspire lounge even.
I don't know if I'll get a chance to try it out any soon, but definitely wouldn't mind doing so.

But I wonder what the food situation will be. In Aspire, it's dreadful.
Old Mar 9, 2019, 1:54 am

Originally Posted by Fabo.sk
Hmm, that does look better than the new Aspire lounge even.
I don't know if I'll get a chance to try it out any soon, but definitely wouldn't mind doing so.

But I wonder what the food situation will be. In Aspire, it's dreadful.
https://www.godsavethepoints.com/201...ctures-review/

GSTP has the best pics, for what I have seen.

Also curious about the F&B options. It can go both ways since they now share the kitchen:
- Rip-off the previous Aspire Lounge their F&B options - This would not be a benefit for pax, and only a cost saving for Aspire lounge since they have synergies in the kitchen
- Upgrade the F&B in both area's, sharing the kitchen has synergies so make the same for both lounges benefiting the pax since they have better and fresher food
- Keep aspire the same and higher quality in the StarAlliance lounge. For the diversification of the Schiphol lounge scene this would be a good thing.

We have to see! I am their in a couple of weeks.
Old Mar 10, 2019, 7:23 pm
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Hi,

I was actually surprised (well, I totally forgot) about this lounge opening in March. I had an unexpected flight for business to Vienna yesterday with OS and only discovered this when I was met with the barriers at the old Aspire lounge to be pointed towards the new lounge on the 3rd floor.
Since it was very early, around 5.30 am and a Sunday, the lounge was rather quiet, with only more guests coming in around 6.30am.
Here are a few more photos of the lounge. For me the offerings is already an upgrade from what Aspire had - although I guess I can only conclude further after seeing the midday/evening offerings. Indeed for breakfast it was just one hot option which I had no idea what it was since there was no label - to me it looked like some milk based oatmeal (?) - did not try it. Of course compared to the Star Alliance lounge at FCO, the lounge here is sitll a weak offering.

Enjoy the photos!

Cheers!

KL714, royng and Justin Case like this.
Old Mar 11, 2019, 8:39 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, UA Gold
Looking forward to try it out next week.
Justin Case likes this.
Old Mar 19, 2019, 3:53 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, HH G,Hyatt E,*A Gold, OW Emerald.
Passed by the new lounge today. It was suprisingly deserted at midday, but seems like a nice place to hang around.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.