Wiki Posts
Search

T2 LHR lounges

Search this Thread

Old Sep 5, 2017, 10:51 am
jbb

Programs: SQ *Gold
Originally Posted by catocony
T2 is huge, with a minimum 10 minute walk between the two concourses. There's no way a single lounge would work.
Although, the SQ, AC and UA lounge are very close together so surprised that they didn't club together like the Star Alliance international lounge at LAX. It is understandable that there's a separate LH lounge though, considering it's on another concourse and primarily services short-haul as opposed to long-haul travellers.
Old Sep 5, 2017, 8:00 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by catocony
T2 is huge, with a minimum 10 minute walk between the two concourses. There's no way a single lounge would work.
I'm guessing you never walked from the old *A lounge to the far UA gates in T1. That was a solid 15 minutes at a fast, near panic walk.

Originally Posted by jbb
Although, the SQ, AC and UA lounge are very close together so surprised that they didn't club together like the Star Alliance international lounge at LAX.
Considering there was previously just the one *A lounge, it is a bit surprising. Perhaps they coudn't get a single space large enough.
Old Sep 6, 2017, 6:47 am
jbb

Originally Posted by Kacee
I'm guessing you never walked from the old *A lounge to the far UA gates in T1. That was a solid 15 minutes at a fast, near panic walk.

Considering there was previously just the one *A lounge, it is a bit surprising. Perhaps they coudn't get a single space large enough.
The SQ and AC lounge are adjacent to each other so I presume that they could have clubbed together if both sides wanted. My guess would be that there isn't a single, unified space big enough for all three, but SQ and AC at least, could have joined together. But, SQ being SQ, and particularly defensive about its brand would not have wanted to join together with another airline. This is similar to the old T3 arrangement where SAS and AC had the joint "London Lounge" but SQ's Silver Kris Lounge was kept separate. I used to lounge hop between the two when I would fly AC out of LHR T-3... usually getting some food at SK/AC lounge but then move to the SQ lounge as it tended to be dead quiet during the afternoon AC departures.
Old Sep 16, 2017, 6:27 pm
LPQ

Programs: TG *G 20 years
LHR was ahead of the game when it had a joint London Lounge in T3 and the *Lounge in T1. Now that T2 is open the airlines have gone separate ways. LH have a great lounge for European operations in T2A while AC, UA and recently SQ have separate neighbouring lounges in T2B. These are very different and accentuate their routings. Having tried them all, UA is by far the best and I think it might even be the best lounge in their whole network.
Old Sep 17, 2017, 9:25 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond (*G), KQ Asante Gold (ST+), Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by LPQ
Having tried them all, UA is by far the best and I think it might even be the best lounge in their whole network.
True, although that doesn't say much...
Old Sep 22, 2017, 12:11 pm
jbb

Originally Posted by zeer0
True, although that doesn't say much...
The UA LHR T-2 lounge is an objectively great lounge by any standard. It would be among the top lounges of many an airline lounge network IMO (including some highly rated stalwarts like SQ).
Old Sep 23, 2017, 5:51 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond (*G), KQ Asante Gold (ST+), Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by jbb
The UA LHR T-2 lounge is an objectively great lounge by any standard. It would be among the top lounges of many an airline lounge network IMO (including some highly rated stalwarts like SQ).
No I'm saying that it doesn't say much to be the best UA club since all of the rest are mediocre in terms of amenities and often design. I do agree the LHR UA club is one of the better *A lounges.
Old Feb 1, 2018, 6:22 pm

Which lounges have quiet areas to sleep have an 8hr layover so my goal is to spend 2hrs at each lounge. I purposely booked it that way but now regretting it as I just want to get to my destination .
Old Feb 2, 2018, 1:40 pm

Programs: UA
AC is quiet, SQ is also quiet at times and has some private "suites"
alphaklg likes this.
Old Oct 10, 2018, 3:21 am
LE2

Programs: BA Silver
I will be flying to IST with TK in J from LHR T2

I do not have status with Star Alliance.

Can someone please advise:

1. Will I have access to any of the T2 Star Alliance lounges using by J ticket? Or will I have to go to the lounge specified by TK (e.g. UA lounge) only?

2. Can I bring a guest who will also be on the same flight; however, they will be travelling in Y? My understanding that J tickets are not allowed a guest; however, I was wondering if I can purchase a lounge pass for my friend for the AC, LHR, SQ, or UA lounge.

Last edited by LE2; Oct 10, 2018 at 11:22 pm
Old Oct 10, 2018, 7:40 am
Suspended

Programs: *A G, OW S.
Originally Posted by LE2
I will be flying to IST with TK in J from LHR T2

I have do not have status with Star Alliance.

Can someone please advise:

1. Will have access to any of the T2 Star Alliance lounges using by J ticket? Or will I have to go to the lounge specified by TK (e.g. UA lounge) only?

2. Can I bring a guest who will also be on the same flight; however, they will be travelling in Y? My understanding that J tickets are not allowed a guest; however, I was wondering if I can purchase a lounge pass for my friend for the AC, LHR, SQ, or UA lounge.
As a business class passenger you can access any of the *A lounges in T2 but you cannot take a guest unless you have a gold card.

Which lounges you access may depend on the gate you are allocated and that often depends most on the aircraft type. If it's an A321 then it is usually an A gate, if it's an A330 or 773 then it's normally a B gate. LH has an A gate lounge, SQ, AC and UA have B gate lounges.

AFAIK none of the *A lounges offer a buy in option. There is the Plaza Premium lounge where you could pay for you both as an option if that's important to you but no *A boarding pass will get you in.
Old Oct 10, 2018, 8:15 am

Programs: UA *G 1MM LT United Club & Global Entry
Originally Posted by LE2
You can purchase a single use day pass for your guest at the United Club for $59USD.

SL
zeer0 likes this.
Old Oct 10, 2018, 11:01 am
LE2

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by SunLover
You can purchase a single use day pass for your guest at the United Club for $59USD.

SL
Can United Club single use day pass be purchased even though we are flying TK?
Old Oct 10, 2018, 7:01 pm

Originally Posted by LE2

Can United Club single use day pass be purchased even though we are flying TK?
Yes UA Club pass can be used when flying on any airline. This is one of the only UA clubs where buying a pass is worth it! This is a very nice lounge.

Btw, you can usually buy discounted passes on eBay for ~$20 each. That's what I did last year when flying out of T2 on Eurowings.
Old Nov 1, 2018, 11:40 pm
LAX

Programs: OZ Diamond
Which of the lounges near UA gates has better food offerings? Since I will be flying in Y, I am hoping I can get some decent food before boarding. TIA.

LAX

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.