Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Star Alliance Gold Track

Search this Thread

Old Aug 22, 2017, 6:32 am

LHR *A Gold Track- Transfers

Originally Posted by igelkotten
There is a Gold Track for transfer pax as well.
I do the LHR T2 transfer almost monthly. I am usually on a United ticket, landing on United metal, but transferring to Aer Lingus. I am 1k on United but no status on Aer Lingus.

It seems that either A) the policy is really driven by the operating carrier of your outbound segment, inbound/ticketing carrier be damned, or B) the gate dragons are taught (or not?) to have "no" be their default.

I generally have to point out that my 1k card is the same one that they have on the laminated cheat sheet on their desk, and that my BP says *G, and they say, "ok, go through this time" but I don't have a read on whether I am getting the rules bent or I am claiming a legitimate benefit.

That T2 transfer security line is really hit/miss in the general pool- I would have missed my flight today if not for getting through Gold Track.
Old Aug 22, 2017, 8:12 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
The staff are not the brightest, and have limited interest in the subtleties of airline alliances etc. I used T2 fast track (mistakenly) recently on one of my very rare Eurowings flight. Officially I should not have been allowed to use it but she let me through. The funny thing was that she berated me for not having the *G show up on the EW BP, she was not happy just seeing the card, but didn't have a problem with the bigger picture that actually *G shouldn't be using fast track flying EW.
Old Nov 4, 2017, 9:56 pm
sfo

Programs: UA MM *Gold, Accor Silver
post removed by sfo

Last edited by sfo; Nov 5, 2017 at 11:30 am
Old Nov 5, 2017, 12:12 am

Programs: OZ Platinum LifeTime; DL PM; QF Gold; VA Gold; HH Diamond; IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by sfo
Is there a *gold fast track airside for connecting passengers arriving at T2 and departing T2. LH to UA
Since you quoted my comment, I'll reply, although I have nothing significant to add.

I have no idea re transit times at LHR as I've never had to before.
Old May 29, 2018, 10:29 am

Programs: CM Gold, SK EB Gold, SPG Gold
Just tried to go through the "Greenway" in LIS - it's an automated gate that scans your BP, but it didn't work. I was going to check with the staff who was attending to a family, but since there were no lines in the regular automated gates, we went there instead. That was a mistake, as the security check is upstairs, and it was a good 45 minute wait.
We were flying SK, and I'm SK *G. My *G status wasn't noted on the physical BP, and when I asked the check-in agent, she didn't know if we could use the Fast Track security line or not.
Anyone else with similar experience in LIS as *G?
Old Jun 2, 2018, 9:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
Originally Posted by danielsan
Just tried to go through the "Greenway" in LIS - it's an automated gate that scans your BP, but it didn't work. I was going to check with the staff who was attending to a family, but since there were no lines in the regular automated gates, we went there instead. That was a mistake, as the security check is upstairs, and it was a good 45 minute wait.
We were flying SK, and I'm SK *G. My *G status wasn't noted on the physical BP, and when I asked the check-in agent, she didn't know if we could use the Fast Track security line or not.
Anyone else with similar experience in LIS as *G?
We had no issues going to the Star Gold lane. No issues at all.
Old Jun 2, 2018, 9:51 am

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
I'm a little confused, I'm *Gold and wiil be traveling through LIS in a few weeks. I've only transferred through there before however never originated. So which is the best and most efficient way from check in to the gate (probably lounge, the new one looks nice but I digress)? Thanks and safe travels
Old Oct 24, 2019, 8:53 am

Programs: SQ KrisFlyer Elite Gold
I am transiting through IST on TK in Y in a few days, and have a *G card. Does anyone know if I can bring a guest through the Gold Track at IST? The rules seem to vary per airport and airline.
Old Nov 2, 2019, 11:08 pm

I'm a UA *G travelling to LHR out of YYZ in January along with my 2 parents. We are all booked on the same UA itinerary and was wondering if they could join me in using the Gold Track security lane at YYZ? In addition, my parents and I will be flying out of LHR T2 later that month on separate tickets but at the same time. If they were to come with me to the Gold Track security area could they be guested in?

Safe Travels,

James
Old Nov 3, 2019, 8:50 am
Suspended

Programs: SQ LPPS, A3 *G, BA Silver aiming for Bronze
I can't comment on the YYZ gold track but at LHR they check eligibility long before you even get near it. You can just walk past the first check which is a person asking a question about eligibility but the second one is a bar code scan that either opens the gate or not and if the bar code doesn't scan the gate doesn't open.

T2 security at LHR is pretty speedy even for economy and you would be likely to be through it by the time you walked to the gold track and back so my advice would be to just do that.
Dover2Golf likes this.
Old Nov 5, 2019, 7:02 am

Programs: UA Million Miler, Lifetime United Club member
What about T4? Will *G get me Gold Track?
Old Nov 5, 2019, 7:54 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by elitefreak
What about T4? Will *G get me Gold Track?
At what airport?
Flying Machine likes this.
Old Nov 5, 2019, 2:09 pm

Originally Posted by lhrpete
I can't comment on the YYZ gold track but at LHR they check eligibility long before you even get near it. You can just walk past the first check which is a person asking a question about eligibility but the second one is a bar code scan that either opens the gate or not and if the bar code doesn't scan the gate doesn't open.

T2 security at LHR is pretty speedy even for economy and you would be likely to be through it by the time you walked to the gold track and back so my advice would be to just do that.
I’ve been through Gold Track at LHR. A couple times the barcode didn’t open the gate and I had to talk to the gent in the desk to the side. I’m guessing if I were to approach the desk with our BPs my UA Gold card it should be fine?

-James
Old Nov 7, 2019, 6:54 am
Suspended

Programs: *A G, OW S.
Originally Posted by j2simpso
I’ve been through Gold Track at LHR. A couple times the barcode didn’t open the gate and I had to talk to the gent in the desk to the side. I’m guessing if I were to approach the desk with our BPs my UA Gold card it should be fine?

-James

IME of LHR Gold Track you would be fine with your gold card but I've seen people turned away for trying to bring a guest. AFAIK, there are no guest rights in the GT and at LHR they tend to apply the rules to the letter.
Old Nov 7, 2019, 6:56 am

Programs: UA Million Miler, Lifetime United Club member
Originally Posted by LondonElite
At what airport?
LHR

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.