Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > Star Alliance
Reload this Page >

Lounge Access on ARRIVAL @ ZRH

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 27, 2015, 7:36 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Lifetime Gold, Hertz PC

Hi everyone-

Flying to ZRH later this year on AC and landing very early in the morning. Is it possible to enter one of the Senator lounges on arrival? I know I can't get into the Swiss Arrivals Lounge since it's not accessible by *G people but wanted to see if I can at least grab a bite before I get out of the airport in one of the normal Senator lounges.

Thanks,

Sean
Old Mar 28, 2015, 5:00 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K

No you won't be able to as these are past security for departing pax
Old Mar 28, 2015, 11:57 pm

Also I think *G does not entitle you to use lounges on arrival..
Old Mar 29, 2015, 3:00 am

Programs: AA EXP, NH Plat, Former UA 1K
Only loophole I can think of would be, buy cheapest refundable ticket you can find ZRH-somewhere for sometime later in the day after your arrival. I'd personally do something in the Schengen zone so that way you'll go through immigration already and don't have to worry about getting from airside to immigration later (which isn't always straightforward in many airports, don't know ZRH). This would allow you lounge access for the next flight. Go to the lounge, cancel your ticket, then leave the airport as usual whenever you wish. I am assuming that the lounges in the Schengen departures area have showers, if not then you'd have to do non-Schengen and figure out how to get out of the airport again once airside.

Since you are GS with UA then you could do the same with a mileage ticket rather than a revenue ticket.
Old Mar 29, 2015, 5:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
I am wish you ... I wish UA would allow LX arrival lounge like they allow the LH arrival lounge. Too bad.
At some point in the past they accepted PP, but I am not sure this is still true.
Old Mar 31, 2015, 2:10 pm

Programs: AC SE 100K
As a ZRH-Based AC Gold flyer for many years, it's too bad there is no access to the Swiss arrivals lounge. I believe it is normal as across *A - there is no provision for access to these types of lounges around the world. I am not sure if you can find your way to the Swiss lounge but there is no access on arrival anyway.

I'm in the same boat as you as I will be coming in on AC 878 later this year again to a morning meeting in the office but will have no real chance to freshen up.

What I find amazing too is that UA does not actually have any lounge access for J-Class. However, their Gold passengers can use the Swiss lounge.
Old Mar 31, 2015, 7:55 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by zrh2yvr
What I find amazing too is that UA does not actually have any lounge access for J-Class. However, their Gold passengers can use the Swiss lounge.
I suppose that would be amazing, were it true. UA C passengers can use the LX Biz lounge. UA F passengers can use the SEN lounge as can *G.

UA will also arrange for a day room upon arrival for premium cabin passengers, regardless of status or whether it was an upgrade. That's a nice benefit I've used in the past.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.