Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > Star Alliance
Reload this Page >

Transfer within Star Alliance partners for status

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 24, 2014, 2:10 pm
Original Poster

Exclamation Transfer within Star Alliance partners for status

hey guys,

So, half way through the year, I discovered the Aegean strategy.

In my first month i got the Blue status. I am just missing a couple thousand more miles to get the gold.

I was wondering if I can transfer my Aeroplan miles (another star alliance partner) to Aegean airlines program to get me there faster. I should have like 10k or something just sitting there being wasted.

Aegean tells me to call Aeroplan
Aeroplan has been zero help
Star Alliance doesnt seem to have a phone number nor do they answer their emails.

When all else fails, FlyerTalk! :-:

thanks guys.
Old Sep 24, 2014, 2:46 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
No, it is not possible to transfer miles between programs.
Old Sep 24, 2014, 3:16 pm

Programs: UA 1K; *G and *A Top 1000; HHonors Diamond; *$ Gold; Global Entry

Nope. Cannot transfer miles between programs.
Old Sep 24, 2014, 3:56 pm
Original Poster

ah damnit!

is there any work around to this?

i can however send the miles to another person's account that uses the same program right?

edit: seems you can @ 2cents per mile. "anything for some extra cash" seems to be the official motto of the airline industry

Last edited by Hamlol; Sep 24, 2014 at 4:03 pm
Old Sep 24, 2014, 6:15 pm

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Conversely, "I should get whatever I want for free" seems to be the motto of certain airline customers (especially if the customer made a mistake).
But even if you transfer miles to another person's account, that will not help them earn status.

You can also look at points.com to see what you can do with your various points, but yes, there is cost involved and no it won't help you get status.
Old Sep 24, 2014, 6:17 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AC E50k, A3*G, UA*S, MR Titanium, HHonors Gold, Carlson Gold, NEXUS
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BB10; Touch) AppleWebKit/537.35+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/10.2.1.3247 Mobile Safari/537.35+)

If you can get AP to un-credit those flights and provide written confirmation, then you can retro claim to A3 iirc
Old Sep 29, 2014, 1:39 am

Programs: UA Premier Platinum, Marriott Platinum, HH Silver, Priority Club Gold, Lifemiles, AAdvantage
Can you do status match from one Star Alliance Airline to Another?

I'm currently holding platinum on United but I moved to another region where United is not that Strong (Asia) would any of the other Star Alliance partners do a status match to start flying with them and hold status?
Old Oct 2, 2014, 1:08 pm

Originally Posted by amartinez041
I'm currently holding platinum on United but I moved to another region where United is not that Strong (Asia) would any of the other Star Alliance partners do a status match to start flying with them and hold status?
Generally no, though TK sometimes will

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.