Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > Star Alliance
Reload this Page >

Changi Terminal 1 SATS Premier Check in for Star Gold

Old Sep 6, 14, 4:31 am
Original Poster

Programs: A3* Gold, US AIR Ruby, Marriott/Ritz Gold, SPG Gold, Hertz Five Star, National Executive Elite

In 2012 while flying y class on Air China I was checked in at the SATS Premier Check in lounge in terminal 1 at Changi. I heard a rumor that star gold are no longer accepted there, only those flying in business or first. Can anyone provide some insight from a recent experience?
Old Sep 6, 14, 11:01 pm

Programs: UA 2MM/*A Gold, Alaska MVP Gold, WN A-List, Hertz Platinum, IHG Platinum
IME, having lived as an expat in Singapore...

The SATS Lounge is available to any *G flying in whY and if you're flying UA ex-SIN, you'll automatically receive an invitation to the SATS lounge at check-in (even if you're flying C or F). Bypass SATS and make your way to SQ Lounge (which you're entitled to as *G) and you'll be allowed into C Lounge - no questions asked. Doesn't matter what CoS you're flying, if sign says *G, they don't have a choice. I've never had a problem and will NEVER use SATS Lounge, TYVM!
Old Sep 7, 14, 1:44 pm

Originally Posted by BankerManUSA View Post
IME, having lived as an expat in Singapore...

The SATS Lounge is available to any *G flying in whY and if you're flying UA ex-SIN, you'll automatically receive an invitation to the SATS lounge at check-in (even if you're flying C or F). Bypass SATS and make your way to SQ Lounge (which you're entitled to as *G) and you'll be allowed into C Lounge - no questions asked. Doesn't matter what CoS you're flying, if sign says *G, they don't have a choice. I've never had a problem and will NEVER use SATS Lounge, TYVM!
I don't know if it depends on the airline, but I flew on United, as a Star Alliance Gold I had access to the SATS, and in all my reading was pretty certain I cannot access a Krisflyer Lounge.
Old Sep 8, 14, 4:41 am

Programs: TK Elite, HH G
You cannot enter the superb SQ SilverKris lounge. Travel in C class on SQ or *A partner is required for SKL access in T2 pr T2. No SQ lounges in T1.

As *A Gold you may be able to enter the SQ Krisflyer Gold lounges in T2 or T3 which are pretty basic (and not comparable to the SQ SKL). I have never flown UA out of SIN so it may be that UA require you to use the SATS lounge (rather than SQ lounges)
Old Sep 8, 14, 7:01 am
Senior Mod and Moderator: Aegean Miles&Bonus and British Airways

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Spire Ambassador
UA couldn't stop you entering the SQ Krisflyer Gold lounges because they have *G designation, but - assuming the one in T2 is the same as T3 - it is inconceivable that the SATS lounges could be any worse.

In fact, if the SATS lounges contain just a single toilet (restroom, bathroom) that would put them several light years ahead of what SQ provide, which is nothing short of disgraceful in their main airport ...
Old Sep 8, 14, 11:45 am

I think the OP refers to the dedicated SATS CI Area which allows you to CI before the CI Counters of your airline are open.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: