Wiki Posts
Search

Advice: MIA-BGI-MIA Award

Search this Thread

Old Aug 17, 2014, 8:42 am
Original Poster

Programs: Former AA PLT/GLD, A3 *G, Priority Pass
Advice: MIA-BGI-MIA Award

I'm planning a trip to Barbados for this December and would like to use my Aegean miles from Miami. What Star Alliance routes can i redeem for this particular destination? Per A3 charts, Barbados is considered North America and the trip would be 25k.

Is it too bad of a redemption?
What possible routes are available on Star Alliance to get me to Barbados from Miami and back. I don't mind connections as long they are not much, and i don't have to sleep somewhere before my destination.

I just don't wan't to use my cash, and would probably like to spend Aegean miles now that i will get *G in a few days, then credit to another FFP. Will have 35K A3 miles.

Thanks
Old Aug 17, 2014, 9:21 am

The only carrier flying MIA-BGI is AA with two flights a day currently. One in the morning and the other in the late afternoon. AA is One World. Sorry...no Star Alliance carriers doing this route.
Old Aug 17, 2014, 9:48 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

That's a really, really bad route for a *A redemption. With US no longer a member the only option is Air Canada via Toronto or Montreal. That's not going to work so well with your redemption plans.
Old Aug 17, 2014, 3:01 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sbm12
That's a really, really bad route for a *A redemption. With US no longer a member the only option is Air Canada via Toronto or Montreal. That's not going to work so well with your redemption plans.
It can actually come in handy for me this really really bad route. A friend of mine may join me from YYZ to BGI, this way we meet at Toronto and continue together to BGI. Also, i have not flown through Toronto or used Air Canada so it may be a worthwhile sacrifice.

Can you confirm that MIA-YYZ-BGI-YYZ-MIA is 25K? As i understand MIA-BGI-MIA is, YYZ is only a connection for this sole award. I will only connect through Canada.

Also how are YQ fuel surcharges? I come from AA so this is unheard for me.
Old Aug 17, 2014, 3:28 pm

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
[deleted]

I'd think Avios on AA would be the cheapest way to do this route at 10,000 each way.

Last edited by Kacee; Aug 17, 2014 at 8:05 pm
Old Aug 17, 2014, 3:41 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Kacee
35,000 miles RT in economy. UA does not assess fuel surcharges on award tickets.

That is a horrible routing.

I'd think Avios on AA would be the cheapest way to do this route at 10,000 each way.
Why is it 35K?

http://el.aegeanair.com/Themes/1/Def...210.1407940399

A3 definition of NA is: USA,Canada,Barbados... all in the same region.

Looking at their charts:

http://en.aegeanair.com/milesandbonu...n/spend-miles/

North America to North America is 25k. "An award ticket on Star Alliance flights may include one stopover with duration up to 24 hours"

My award would be MIA-BGI-MIA. But as there are none Star Alliance flight operating direct this route, i understand that for the same 25K i will be booked through a connecting point to reach my award destination.

Am i missing something? I'm not familiar with *
Old Aug 17, 2014, 3:53 pm

Originally Posted by mvtm
Why is it 35K?
It would be if you were using UA miles which appears to be what Kacee assumed. Since you're not then the rate should be the 25k published by Aegean.

Of course you'll also need to find the seats for it. Good luck!
Old Aug 17, 2014, 3:53 pm

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Why is it 35K?

http://el.aegeanair.com/Themes/1/Def...210.1407940399

A3 definition of NA is: USA,Canada,Barbados... all in the same region.

Looking at their charts:

http://en.aegeanair.com/milesandbonu...n/spend-miles/

North America to North America is 25k. "An award ticket on Star Alliance flights may include one stopover with duration up to 24 hours"

My award would be MIA-BGI-MIA. But as there are none Star Alliance flight operating direct this route, i understand that for the same 25K i will be booked through a connecting point to reach my award destination.

Am i missing something? I'm not familiar with *
Sorry, misread your post. Thought you were going to use UA miles.
Old Aug 17, 2014, 4:21 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Kacee
Sorry, misread your post. Thought you were going to use UA miles.
No need to apologize

Originally Posted by sbm12
It would be if you were using UA miles which appears to be what Kacee assumed. Since you're not then the rate should be the 25k published by Aegean.

Of course you'll also need to find the seats for it. Good luck!
Thanks, i'll ask further assistance in A3 forums. I don't know where to start! My hunch is it seems to be an obscure greek redemption process.
Old Aug 17, 2014, 7:47 pm

...My hunch is it seems to be an obscure greek redemption process.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.