Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > Star Alliance
Reload this Page >

Accrue with Voyager, but Upgrade with Mileage Plus?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 2, 2014, 12:22 am
Original Poster

Programs: *G Voyager, AirBerlin TB Gold

Hello,

I moved and am now accruing status on South African Voyager. If I book a trip and want to accrue the Economy Mileage on SAA, can I use my remaining United Mileageplus mies for Star Alliance Upgrades? I'm guessing the system wants to stick to one account, not two different ones?

Thanks!
Old Aug 2, 2014, 1:45 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM, Hertz PC, Marriott Platinum/Lifetime Gold
You guessed correctly. You cannot draw from two different carriers' accounts.
Old Aug 2, 2014, 6:57 am

Programs: AA EXP, NH Plat, Former UA 1K
Originally Posted by UAPremExecflyer
You guessed correctly. You cannot draw from two different carriers' accounts.
I read the OPs question entirely differently. They want to but a revenue ticket on some Star Alliance airline in a booking class high enough for Star Alliance upgrades then upgrade said ticket with UA miles. They'd be crediting the flight to SA Voyager. Frankly I've used UA miles just 2 days ago to upgrade an NH flight and I don't see any reason it couldn't be done. Worse case scenario, put the UA number in the reservation, upgeade, then change to Voyager number at check in but I don't even this this is necessary as you can access the ticket info with PNR and ticket number. The uograde is confirmed with X carrier on the spot. UA isn't going to check back an hour before the flight to make sure you're actually accruing to a UA account.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.