Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > Star Alliance
Reload this Page >

*A RTW economic fare class?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 25, 2014, 10:50 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, UA GS, AA EXP

I try to book a RTW economic ticket on staralliance.com. I want to know which fare class I will have. The airline include air china and United.

My route will be PEK-CDG-SFO-PEK. Because it is kind of small RTW, I do not know better way to get price down. I try to book economic fare and use mile and GPU to upgrade them to Business class. Many Thanks!
Old Jun 27, 2014, 10:32 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
It depends - there are different type of RTW.

Star RTW special books into Q for Air China and W for United.
Star RTW (not special) books into M for Air China and H for United.

Special is cheaper and more restrictive.

Note you will need to amend the routing. Both types of *A RTW require a minimum of 3 stopovers (over 24 hours).
Old Jun 30, 2014, 3:37 pm

Programs: UA 1KMM
Originally Posted by DOUDOU1980
I try to book a RTW economic ticket on staralliance.com. I want to know which fare class I will have. The airline include air china and United.

My route will be PEK-CDG-SFO-PEK. Because it is kind of small RTW, I do not know better way to get price down. I try to book economic fare and use mile and GPU to upgrade them to Business class. Many Thanks!
Why would you book a RTW ticket for this itinerary? Have you tried to find fares directly?

If you are using MP miles, then you should just be able to book it directly.

Otherwise, it is ~20000 Yuan to book on combinations of star-alliance airlines for random dates in September. I think that's cheaper than a RTW ticket.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.